WnSoft Forums

PTE 5.0

ronwil

Yesterday in “Pinned: PicturesToExe v5.00 beta #2” I wrote:

“In my experiments with 5.0 Beta#2, I have been reconstructing our AV Group’s Intro for our annual presentation to the Club in the autumn. It involves outline portraits spinning through 360 degrees ending up in a position around the Club logo. (It was these portraits, which prompted me to ask the question and receive an answer in a recent thread of how to name them.) In my original version of the Intro, composed in 4.47, I used the Object Editor, an invisible mask over individual portraits and “Run application or open file” to open that persons sequence.

”At the moment whilst the Button, Images etc are there in the tool bar, is it intended that the facilities available in 4.47 be included in 5.0 once the gradual development has been completed.”

Igor answered “Buttons, Hyperlinks and Text objects are not included to beta #2 and still not actions like "Run application". We're working on these functions.” This was very re-assuring, as it is a facility I always use when producing introductory sequences to my shows. (In the past I have uploaded examples on the Beechbrook site.

As an interim measure I have worked out a method for overcoming the present situation once “Main>Show settings>Close show after last slide” is activated in 5.0 and if my understanding is correct this might be in Beta#3. The method is as follows:

I started in PTE 4.47 (I didn’t bother installing 4.48) using my chosen background for the Intro produced in PTE 5.0. With Objects editor on the background I placed an “invisible button”, 100 pixels square, in the top right hand corner and with a right click>Properties>“Run Application etc. etc.” selected to run the [intro}.exe produced in PTE 5.0. I then placed a similar button in the bottom left hand corner but this time opening the image of the outline portraits in position around the Club logo, This previously was set up, as in my original version of the Intro, composed in 4.47, using the Object Editor, an invisible mask over individual portraits and “Run application or open file” to open that persons sequence.

It has worked albeit I had to use ESC on the 5.0 intro.

Ron [uK]