WnSoft Forums

PTE Created Video File Sizes

digartal

I am doing an AV for one of my clients using still images (5 blended images that manage the inside/outside exposure range).

For the AV I used the large images (about 8MB and 5477 x 3652 pixels @300dpi). There are only 26 images most with movement in Objects and Animation and I added some music. 

The completed video is 4GB when saved at 1920 x 1280 and no hardware acceleration. The 8K format is around 23GB

Why I am unable to save these with a smaller file size for the complete video.

I did search the forum but could not find anything that may assist.

I must be doing something wrong?

Hopefully the brains trust can assist.

Thanks in advance.

Mark

8 Mb sounds about right for your JPEG Images.

(Why do we have to keep repeating that the 300dpi is irrelevant when saving jpegs?)

It should not matter if you are publishing an MP4 but why use the full resolution? Are you doing some deep zooms?

The size of the MP4 will depend largely on the length of the video. How long is yours? 30p or 60p? Are you publishing at 1920x1280 for 4GB?

DG

• Like 1

Mark,

Do you use Quality mode or Bitrate mode?

We recommend to use Quality mode (High quality or Medium quality preset). It will provide a smart video compression for images in a created MP4 video and compact file size.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, davegee said:

8 Mb sounds about right for your JPEG Images.

(Why do we have to keep repeating that the 300dpi is irrelevant when saving jpegs?)

It should not matter if you are publishing an MP4 but why use the full resolution? Are you doing some deep zooms?

The size of the MP4 will depend largely on the length of the video. How long is yours? 30p or 60p? Are you publishing at 1920x1280 for 4GB?

DG

The high res images are used for the zooming - up to 500 0r 600 percent for some slides.

The length is around 3 minutes.

I dropped it down to 25p as 60p was 23 GB file.

1920 x 1280 as shown in the screenshot.

Thanks

Mark

8 hours ago, davegee said:

36 minutes ago, jkb said:

I think the Lossless compression will greatly increase the file size.

Just leave everything at the default setting & at 60p should be fine

Jill

Thanks Jill,

I did try that it reduced the file size from 4.4 GB to 3.6 GB which is about 20% but still thought it would be smaller.

Appreciate your reply.

Mark

1 hour ago, digartal said:

it reduced the file size from 4.4 GB to 3.6 GB

I am very surprised at that size for a 3 min MP4

I have a 6 min one that is only 434MB

But I notice that you have Motion Blur also ticked, that will increase the size as well as rendering time.

It is only needed if you have some very fast animation of still images.

Jill

• Like 1

1 hour ago, denisb said:

he mp4 is big because lossless compression is ticked.

Denis, 

I thought that Mark is already tried this suggestion:

https://www.pteavstudio.com/forums/topic/44956-pte-created-video-file-sizes/?do=findComment&comment=184425

I agree that the most likely the large file size is related with a ticked option "Lossless compression".

• Like 1

11 hours ago, jkb said:

I am very surprised at that size for a 3 min MP4

I have a 6 min one that is only 434MB

But I notice that you have Motion Blur also ticked, that will increase the size as well as rendering time.

It is only needed if you have some very fast animation of still images.

Jill

Thanks Jill, I will try that and see how it goes.

Have a bit going on at present so it may be a few days before I get to give it a go.

Thanks

Mark

2 hours ago, Igor said:

Denis, 

I thought that Mark is already tried this suggestion:

https://www.pteavstudio.com/forums/topic/44956-pte-created-video-file-sizes/?do=findComment&comment=184425

I agree that the most likely the large file size is related with a ticked option "Lossless compression".

Yes Dennis I have tried that and the size reduced by about 20% but still 3.6 GB.

Still experimenting.

Cheers

Mark

4 hours ago, Igor said:

Mark,

I created a test project which contains 8 images (a slow zoom animation) and one MP3 audio.

Produced MP4 video is only 27 MB (42 seconds). 1920 x 1080, 25p. Quality = "100" (High quality).

Can you check this project? The download link below:

screenshot-video-options.jpg

SampleShow_Sep24-2024_10-41-42.zip 5.34 MB · 1 download

Thanks Igor, I will look at it as soon as I can.

2 hours ago, Igor said:

I think the Motion Blur will also increase file size?

Jill

• Like 1

Hi,

a theoretical point of view:

Quality 100 for PTE means a Constant Rate Factor=19 for the codec used

Lossless compression means a CRF=0

It is a logarithmic scale so from 19 to 12 for the CRF leads to a file size  multiplied by 2

from 19 to 0, the file size is multiplied by more than 8.

Practical point of view:

one of my slide show 2:32 long with lot of move is 97 MB with quality 100 and 1.54 GB for lossless.

Jill the motion blur will decrease the file size because it's more easy for the codec.

Denis

• Like 1

Igor

The Motion Blur option seems to be the cause of the large file size.

I removed that tick and file sizes reduced dramatically.

image.png.aec69173a02a1efb699295ed9651c928.png

The interesting part was that the really large files were published at about the same time as the smaller file without Motion Blur ticked.

I have not done any testing and this is just my recoall from memory. The 4K Version (3840 x 2560) took a lot longer that the HD (1920 x 1280). I may look at this when I get a chance.

Thank you everyone for your replies and assistance.

Very much appreciated

Mark

19 hours ago, denisb said:

Hi,

a theoretical point of view:

Quality 100 for PTE means a Constant Rate Factor=19 for the codec used

Lossless compression means a CRF=0

It is a logarithmic scale so from 19 to 12 for the CRF leads to a file size  multiplied by 2

from 19 to 0, the file size is multiplied by more than 8.

Practical point of view:

one of my slide show 2:32 long with lot of move is 97 MB with quality 100 and 1.54 GB for lossless.

Jill the motion blur will decrease the file size because it's more easy for the codec.

Denis

Thanks Dennis, technically over my head but the maths does make sense.

22 minutes ago, digartal said:

Igor

The Motion Blur option seems to be the cause of the large file size.

I removed that tick and file sizes reduced dramatically.

image.png.aec69173a02a1efb699295ed9651c928.png

The interesting part was that the really large files were published at about the same time as the smaller file without Motion Blur ticked.

I have not done any testing and this is just my recoall from memory. The 8K Version (3840 x 2560) took a lot longer that the 4K (1920 x 1280). I may look at this when I get a chance.

Thank you everyone for your replies and assistance.

Very much appreciated

Mark

You are confusing me and possibly everyone else.

4K Video is 3840x2160 pixels  

8k Video would be 7680 x 4320 pixels

I realise that you are quoting 16:10 figures.

DG

1 hour ago, davegee said:

You are confusing me and possibly everyone else.

8k Video would be 7680 x 4320 pixels

I realise that you are quoting 16:10 figures.

DG

Sorry I meant

Full HD Video would be 1920 x 1280 pixels

Looking at 8K for another project.

Have edited the original post.

Mark,

Interesting result.

Motion Blur itself does not affect the final file size. It only changes the visual content, and compression depends on the content (producing larger or smaller file).

If you want, you can share your original project in a ZIP archive (all files) so that we can test it with different settings.

P.S. Note that FullHD is usually 1920 x 1080 (16:9 = 1.7777). 1920 x 1280 is 3:2 =1.5

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Igor said:

Mark,

Interesting result.

Motion Blur itself does not affect the final file size. It only changes the visual content, and compression depends on the content (producing larger or smaller file).

If you want, you can share your original project in a ZIP archive (all files) so that we can test it with different settings.

P.S. Note that FullHD is usually 1920 x 1080 (16:9 = 1.7777). 1920 x 1280 is 3:2 =1.5

Yes they are 3:2 camera images made for product shots for the client. Still images made into an AV for their YouTube Channel.

Will share later today or tomorrow.

Thanks

On 9/26/2024 at 2:36 AM, Igor said:

Mark,

Interesting result.

Igor - here is a link to the images and project along with the Full HD and 4K files. 

Let me know once you have downloaded the file.

Mark

Mark,

Thanks, I've downloaded your project. There were 2 missing files - one PNG and MP3 audio. I removed audio and added another PNG image on 25th slide.

I created 2 MP4 video - 1920 x 1280 (3:2), 60p, Quality = 100. 

Disabled Motion Blur option - 284 MB
With Motion Blur - 249 MB

I guess that for some reason your large file still was created with Lossless compression option. Try to tick and untick this option.

Also try to create a MP4 video with Motion Blur and with default 1920 x 1080 preset (not in the Custom mode).

• Like 1

Thanks Igor,

Sorry about the missing files they must be pathed to other locations on my HD.

I have made 3 of these, all very similar and using the forst one as a Project for second and third just replacing the images for the different models and adding different music. It was an idea as the video I captured suffered from high dynamic range from inside to out. The still images were HDR 5 image composites. I used the #:2 format as framing is tight and cropping was not good.

I will have a play around again and see what happens.

Thanks for your assistance.

Mark