WnSoft Forums

Security Warning?

jtfrazer

Hi,

I'd like to purchase PicturesToExe, but I was concerned when I saw a warning window come up. The message says:

"The Web site that you are trying to visit is potentially unsafe. Please verify and use the correct Web site address."

Should I be concerned about this??

Thanks,

Jim

Jim,

Welcome to the Forum! It depends on which website you were trying to use! :) If you were using the official PTE website, then it is perfectly safe.

Hi,

I'd like to purchase PicturesToExe, but I was concerned when I saw a warning window come up. The message says:

"The Web site that you are trying to visit is potentially unsafe. Please verify and use the correct Web site address."

Should I be concerned about this??

Thanks,

Jim

Hi Jim,

That's most likey your anti-virus software or spyware software talking to you. By the way nice to see you over here as well as at the PSP forum. My own spyware software kicks me off my own website about three times a week - LOL. I haven't even a vague notion why it does this but it gives me the same "potentially unsafe" warning as well. I suspect it may be that it finds some executable code on my site and heavens knows there is probably a bit here as well. Some programs are hypersensitive to seeing an exe file anywhere on the web and they freak out and try to block your access. I'm not certain if it my Trend Micro software or PC Tools Spyware Doctor but I "think" it's my Spyware Doctor which gives me that message. At any rate rest assured that this site is quite safe..

If you purchase P2E and download the beta, be sure to put the beta in a separate installation on a different folder until version 5 is released. A number of the features in the last real release are not yet enabled in the beta - many more will be available in the upcoming beta 3 release I understand.

Again welcome - you'll find a great friendly crowd here with little or no "fan boy" attitude. Many of us are also PSG and/or PSP users here and are always trying to help each other get the most from our software regardless of who develops it. Igor and his development crew have worked very, very hard to produce what is going to be a dynamite program and already shows some of the incredible power possible even in the beta. A couple of us are writing tutorials at present and though they are in early stages themselves, they can help you get a handle on getting started with the new features. As soon as beta 3 is released there will be much more to include but for now here are a couple links to help you get started. Jeff Evans has a very nice tutorial already for the release version and I'll let him link you to it, but he and I each are working separately on tutorials for the beta. Here's the links:

http://www.lin-evans.net/p2e/index.html

(probably best to print both these)....

Best regards,

Lin

http://mysite.wanadoo-members.co.uk/jvedette/PTEV5guide.pdf