WnSoft Forums

I Love it When Something WORKS as ADVERTISED

Lin Evans

I wanted to convert my MicroSoft Publisher document into a PDF file, so I thought I would have to buy the $300 Adobe Acrobat product. In looking for it on the web, I found what appears to me to be a fantastic deal for anyone wanting to convert documents to 100% Adobe compatible PDF.

There are a number of low priced or even free PDF converters, but in doing some research I've found that some of them are not truly reliable and some have issues which I didn't want to deal with. I found and downloaded this one which really works perfectly for me, so thought I would pass it along.

Docudesk has two products of interest (actually they have more, but the Standard and Pro versions are all most will need) which very quickly, very efficiently convert nearly any products output to PDF format. It works like a charm. You just open the document in whichever software you use (MicroSoft Word, Excel, Publisher, WordPerfect, etc., etc., ) then print it selecting the Docudisk print to PDF as your printer. It took only six seconds to convert my ten page Microsoft Publisher document which I used to create my HTML pages into a beautiful 100% Adobe compatible PDF file which you can see at the link below:

http://www.lin-evans.net/p2e/tutorial.pdf

The fine print on the screen capture which was downsized from its original capture size to fit into the Publisher format was not readable even with the magnifiers we have been discussing. The screen resolution was just too low and as a GIF (which is what Publisher converts the jpgs to) it was simply not very usable either in print or as a screen readable document. The text was fine, but the text "as image" on the screen captures was pretty sorry.

After conversion of the MicroSoft Publisher document to PDF, it's very easy to zoom in and read the document as well as the text from the screen capture because it had not yet been converted to the low resolution GIF format.

Now for the good part. Anyone who has a need to provide PDF documents can buy the professional version of Docudesk for $29.95 - worth a look folks!

http://www.docudesk.com/

Lin