WnSoft Forums

Bye bye old messages !?

thedom

I wa looking for a post and it seems that it doesn't exist any more. :blink:

Does it mean that the messages are automatically deleted after a few days/weeks ?

If it's the case, I suppose it's because of datas volume considerations but what a lost because the knowledge flies away... :(

I think you will find that a change was made to Invision Power Board in December 2002 and is probably the reason why you cannot go back any further. I have done a search for my posts and that is as far back as I can go.

Ron [uK]

I wa looking for a post and it seems that it doesn't exist any more. :blink:

Does it mean that the messages are automatically deleted after a few days/weeks ?

If it's the case, I suppose it's because of datas volume considerations but what a lost because the knowledge flies away... :(

In addition to Ron's note - assuming you are looking for one of your posts or one made since you began visiting the forum.

Be sure you have your defaults set correctly to let you see all the posts. Scroll to the bottom of the opening screen (the first screen when you log on) and check on the lower right. There are settings for 20 days, 60 days, etc., as well as no limit.

The actual p2e forums began in 1999 but as Ron said there were changes in 2002 - the old forums information is gone, but I'm guessing that's not what you are looking for?

Best regards,

Lin

Thanks guys ! :)

Btw, can you save the settings in your profile (about how old you want to see the messages) ?

I "think" you can by going into the "control panel" then click on "archive messages" and change the default.

I haven't tried to do it, but it appears that it "should" work.

Best regards,

Lin

We keep and don't delete all messages.

I have copy of old forum 2000-2002, but it's in Snitz 2000 format and no convertor to Invision Board format, it uses Windows technologies, we use Linux for forum hosting now.

I "think" you can by going into the "control panel" then click on "archive messages" and change the default.

I haven't tried to do it, but it appears that it "should" work.

Best regards,

Lin

I tried, but can't get it to "stick" maybe Igor can tell us if it's possble to make the default to have access to "All" messages without changing the setting each time.

Best regards,

Lin