WnSoft Forums

Is there a way to go back to the old versions?

Kelly M

I didn't realize, when I upgraded to the new beta 5.0 version, that I wouldn't be able to create DVDs with it. So now I am in a world of trouble, as I have been working on a slideshow that has to be completed by tomorrow, for a little over a week and can't do a thing with it. :o

PLEASE tell me there is a way to get the older version back so that I can complete this project. I don't need the new things included in 5.0 now so that's not an issue. I just need my old P2EXE again!! :(

Thanks in advance!! :)

Kelly

I didn't realize, when I upgraded to the new beta 5.0 version, that I wouldn't be able to create DVDs with it. So now I am in a world of trouble, as I have been working on a slideshow that has to be completed by tomorrow, for a little over a week and can't do a thing with it. :o

PLEASE tell me there is a way to get the older version back so that I can complete this project. I don't need the new things included in 5.0 now so that's not an issue. I just need my old P2EXE again!! :(

Thanks in advance!! :)

Kelly

Hi Kelly,

Just download the regular version from the main page but don't take the defaults - put it in a different folder and simply run either version. The release of Version 5 will have all the bells and whistles that the original had plus all the new features, but the beta version is simplified for debugging.

Again, just download and install the regular from the main site (not the forum) and install it in a different folder, or just install it as the default and download the beta again and install it in a different folder. It' O.K. to have both on your computer and your registration key will automatically allow each to work, but they just need to be physically separated in different install folders.

Lin

Thanks for your reply, Ken. :)

It looks as if it did install seperately but when I open either one of them and click on "video" it tells me "video output temporarily doesn't work in this version". Both the files are the exact same but only one is labeled "picturestoexe5". :blink: I don't know what to do. :(

Thank you, Lin!! I am off to try that now...

PicturesToExe v5.00 beta installs to another folder, has own configuration file, doesn't associate with .pte project files in Windows Explorer. And it creates own program group "PicturesToExe 5" in Start | Programs menu.

So you can use new and old version independently.