WnSoft Forums

PTE File Window question...

goddi

I have never been able to get to any folders I have created on the Desktop when using the File Window in PTE. I can only get files on C:, D:, etc. Is it just me or is there a way to get back to folders on the Desktop. I have made a PTE5Beta folder for all these examples that have been made but just can't get to them. I'd like to leave them there since they are more temporary. Any ideas????

Thanks... Gary

the navigation window on the left side of the PTE5 screen allows you to navigate between drives. My window shows the word "desktop" just below the drive icons at the top of the screen. Clicking on "desktop" shows all folders located on the desktop. Good luck.

the navigation window on the left side of the PTE5 screen allows you to navigate between drives. My window shows the word "desktop" just below the drive icons at the top of the screen. Clicking on "desktop" shows all folders located on the desktop. Good luck.

Yes, that is what I would expect but I can not get to the Desktop or for it to be shown. I can only see my: A:, C:, D:, E:, F:, G:, and H:. Not sure why this is. I have clicked on the little arrow but these are the only drives I see. When in C:, I can't go "up" to get to the Desktop. Still stumped.... Gary :(

I have made a PTE5Beta folder for all these examples that have been made but just can't get to them. I'd like to leave them there since they are more temporary. Any ideas????

Gary,

In PTE v.5 mode, I see this view by default, with "Desktop" clearly visible:

post-215-1150142282_thumb.jpg

Your welcome Gary, glad it worked.

For now in ver 5 you will have to go to File - Open and browse to desktop to open the .PTE file from your saved PTE5Beta folder.

Then in your Desktop folder / PTE5Beta folder locate the presentation. You can then view the images in the " File Panel " window.

---------------------------------

What I have posted above is without the " Show Tree " switched on.

See Al's image in post above.

You may want to in version 5 switch on " Show Tree " !!

post-14-1150143131_thumb.jpg

Gary,

In PTE v.5 mode, I see this view by default, with "Desktop" clearly visible:

Al... I think my problem was that the 2 icons to the far right of the drive letters do not show any text as you float the mouse over them. So I was not sure what exactly to expect. But now I see I have to click on them in the sequence that Hawk pointed out and then it works. Thanks all for your help. Gary :)

Your welcome Gary, glad it worked.

For now in ver 5 you will have to go to File - Open and browse to desktop to open the .PTE file from your saved PTE5Beta folder.

Then in your Desktop folder / PTE5Beta folder locate the presentation. You can then view the images in the " File Panel " window.

---------------------------------

What I have posted above is without the " Show Tree " switched on.

See Al's image in post above.

You may want to in version 5 switch on " Show Tree " !!

Hawk... I like to use the "Classical" look without the "Show Tree." With these "views", your steps work the same in both versions.

Thanks.... Gary