WnSoft Forums

Google Earth Technique

dagrace

I don't know how many of you are familiar with Google Earth. It's a great program for exploring our planet. One technique they use is a HUGE zooming effect (like from outer space to your driveway!). That inspired me to try something in PTE 5.0 beta 3. ;)

Disclaimers: I just went outside and shot a few pics. I realize now that for this to work, you have to be much more precise in registration. I also realized you can't zoom OUT to have the technique work very well. So this is very sloppy, but I'll post it here so that someone can improve on it. As always, comments and criticisms are welcome.

Google Earth Technique

DAVE

a bit jerky on my 64 mb ati but nothing the matter with your approach -- no sound by design?

Flowers - phlox?

type resume and send to Google - they announced this week a new place coming to Michigan - 3000 jobs

ken

No sound "YET" by design... this was just proof of concept. As noted in other threads, if you're going to zoom, you need a fairly robust image to start with. Hence the size for 6 or 7 slides. And I also didn't do a very good job (yet) of registration.

But thanks for looking. ;)

Nice.

I think you had the same problem as I had to smooth out the transitions between slides and to make pictures perfectly fit.

I tried a GoogleEarth zoom two months ago with pictures extracted from GoogleEarth.

You can see the demo here

And I thought I had an original idea! I guess "nothing is new under the sun". By the way, I had an error trying to run your earth.exe. Maybe it was on my end. I'll try again later.

I have made a version 2, by the way, replacing version 1 on the same web page.

Version 2.

Ken was complaining about no music, so I added some! ;) Also fixed the transitions and registration some, but it's still got a way to go to be really smooth.

Hi "thedom" (short for Dominique?)

I tried your download again and was successful. Wow! You did a much better job than I did! I can see a little jerkiness, but it's very good. Congrats! Are you going to write a tutorial on it? :)

Yes, Dominique.

You can read the whole story about my nickname here. :lol:

The demo would need a little more work to perfectly fit the pictures to each other... but the idea is here.

No tutorial planed but you can download the full PTE project on my site : http://thefreedom.free.fr/share.

Or direct link to the file : here

Yes, Dominique.

You can read the whole story about my nickname here. :lol:

The demo would need a little more work to perfectly fit the pictures to each other... but the idea is here.

No tutorial planed but you can download the full PTE project on my site : http://thefreedom.free.fr/share.

Or direct link to the file : here

Just looked at your site for the full pte project for Countdown and couldn't find it (only the exe). Are you planning to share that or is that something you want to hang on to? I like the effect.

Thanks.

dom

the link is still there --version 2

dagrace post 3

And I thought I had an original idea! I guess "nothing is new under the sun". By the way, I had an error trying to run your earth.exe. Maybe it was on my end. I'll try again later.

I have made a version 2, by the way, replacing version 1 on the same web page.

Version 2.

Ken was complaining about no music, so I added some! Also fixed the transitions and registration some, but it's still got a way to go to be really smooth.

--------------------

David

Colorado, USA

dom

the link is still there --version 2

dagrace post 3

Ken, sorry, but I'm not quite sure to undesrtand what you are talking about... :unsure:

Maybe I was not clear in a previous post but I was not looking for this demo especially.

But thanks anyway. :lol: