WnSoft Forums

Really dumb question

Hi,

my name is Dave and I do a bit of wedding photography (twitch, twitch).

Using Picture to Exe, I have created a slideshow (81 JPG images using Photoshop CS2) and attached a soundtrack (7min 21 secs) to it, and saved it on my hard drive.

I have copied it to a CD and DVD and played it from them onto my PC ok, but I can't run it on my TV associated DVD player... What might I be doing wrong, please? :unsure:

Secondly, can I copy it to a CD/ DVD such that it can be played on a customers PC/ TV, to include the sound track? And if so, what is the procedure? :unsure:

Third, I am running Windows XP, can the CD/ DVD be run on a PC that uses Windows 98? :unsure:

Finally, what file size should I be looking at for ideal presentation?

Any, and I do mean any, suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanking you in advance,

Dave Irwin

Hi Dave,

Well, it looks as if you are at the bottom of the 'Learning Curve' for PTE.(any version) don't worrry we all had to learn.

The following will put you on the right tracks:-

* When you made your Show and ran it in 'Preview' ~ this file is recognised by a *pte extension after the Title Name.

* Then you make an executable from that, Top RH.Corner under "File" select 'Create Slideshow as..'

* You then 'Burn' this to CD or DVD as a simple Slideshow which can run on many Computers but not on a TV.DVD Player.

* To do that you must make an 'AVI File' of the Show ~ that facility is within the PTE Program.

* The 'AVI File' is imported into 3rd.Party Software like 'U-Lead Factory' which makes the correct 'TV.Video Format File'

which you 'Burn' to DVD.Disc and will operate on most DVD Players.

You note that there are a few "If's and But's" in my Post, this because there are many 'Desktop PC Systems' and very

many TV.Video Formats ~ the trick is to select those that work in your part of the World.

My advice to you would be ~ Get the PTE.Program running to your absolute satisfaction on PC's and Laptops before you

go near 'AVI.TV Formats' (which is poor compared to PC.Reproductions) and most important ,stay in contact with the Forum.

Hope this helps...

Brian.Conflow.

Hi Dave,

Well, it looks as if you are at the bottom of the 'Learning Curve' for PTE.(any version) don't worrry we all had to learn.

The following will put you on the right tracks:-

* When you made your Show and ran it in 'Preview' ~ this file is recognised by a *pte extension after the Title Name.

* Then you make an executable from that, Top RH.Corner under "File" select 'Create Slideshow as..'

* You then 'Burn' this to CD or DVD as a simple Slideshow which can run on many Computers but not on a TV.DVD Player.

* To do that you must make an 'AVI File' of the Show ~ that facility is within the PTE Program.

* The 'AVI File' is imported into 3rd.Party Software like 'U-Lead Factory' which makes the correct 'TV.Video Format File'

which you 'Burn' to DVD.Disc and will operate on most DVD Players.

You note that there are a few "If's and But's" in my Post, this because there are many 'Desktop PC Systems' and very

many TV.Video Formats ~ the trick is to select those that work in your part of the World.

My advice to you would be ~ Get the PTE.Program running to your absolute satisfaction on PC's and Laptops before you

go near 'AVI.TV Formats' (which is poor compared to PC.Reproductions) and most important ,stay in contact with the Forum.

Hope this helps...

Brian.Conflow.

Thanks for your help Brian and Ken, I'll start looking at using the information that you've provided.

I've also put this question on the Video section as you suggested Ken. (silly me, I saw the word video and instantly associated it with moving picture type output)

I will also look in more detail at the questions and answers raised in that section.

Thanks again,

Dave.

Hello Dave,

You will find PTE is an excellent program, once you get to grips with it. I agree with Conflow though, stay away from AVI and Video until you are completely confident with .exe files and running them on a computer because you will be very confused otherwise.

Please also note that our forum is being consumed with questions and demo's for the latest version of PTE. i.e. version 5 beta3. Don't try to learn with this latest version because a lot of features are missing at the moment. Make sure that you are using version 4.48 and you will not go wrong.

Ron