WnSoft Forums

Error: Unable to Create the Disc Structure

clonergan

I have had P2Exe for about 2 yrs, using Nero to burn DVD slideshows. Now it's not working. I have the latest version of Nero7 (ultra edition), P2Exe 4.3, Windows xp.

In Nero, I select "make or modify DVD", add my .avi file created from P2Exe, and it starts to burn. Goes through processing data, and within 10 seconds of the "burning onto disc", I get this error:

"Unable to create the disc structure".

Anyone heard of this?

A Shot in the Dark

Hi there,

I'm running 'Nero-6' (Full Package) with all the expensive 'add-ins' and I also had your problem some 4 years ago

...some questions ?...

* Would it be that you are using a 'non-compatible'' DVD-Disc ?

* Are you making the classic mistake of using a 'Re-Writable Disc ?

The 'Nero Package' is probably the best in the World, but having said that it's also extremely "fussy" about the CD-Media Discs it uses. There is "always" a correct Media Disc for a particular job and Nero checks to see if the inserted Disc is 'compatible' with what you are trying to do:-

If not, Nero will give either one of Four warning messages..

(1) Cant structure the Media..problem with- (Formatting and setting-up the Disc for the Media being used)

(2) Cant write to the Media..problem with- (Usually a Re-Writable CD or sometimes a Closed CD)

(3) Incorrect Media..problem with- (Something wrong with the Media Data Format or non-ISO File Names)

(4) Specific to Nero-7..Copyright Protection feature- is this turned off ?

As I said,this is a shot in the dark ~ been there, done that, made those mistakes and may I say that Re-Writable Media is a complete waste of money, contrary to what I had expected.

Hope this helps...

Brian.Conflow.

I can burn data DVD's. I have both Nero7 and Burn&Go Nitro. Both burn data DVD's just fine. I only have the problem when I burn P2E slideshows.

I've tried moving my external DVD burner to my laptop using Nero6 that came with the DVD burner (the old combination that used to work). Still same thing.

I've even bought a new DVD player thinking it was just being flaky!!

I've updated and purchased the latest version of the burning sw. I'm using P2E version 4.30.

When I burn the DVD slideshow, it acts like it's working and actually burns enough to make the DVD unusable before erroring out. I have wasted SO many DVD's trying to get this fixed (it used to work)!!

If Nero is so finicky, I am ready to purchase Ulead since it is recommended.

Any suggestions?

if you have the complete nero suite , you will have nero vision/ express -- with nero 6.6 suite is called nero vision expresss

open it and select make dvd and add your avi/vid as directed and follow thru the steps of the interface

ken

Media Problem,

Looks to me very much like a Media Problem ~ I just wonder have you inadvertently used an "Illegal Character" on one of your 'Slide Titles'- things like:- *. /, etc (Non ISO Characters) or would you have

a 'dicky' Sound File ~ Try to 'Burn' without the Sound File at least if that doesn't work you know the

fault is in the Image side of things.

Brian.Conflow.