WnSoft Forums

opening files in the correct image sequence

snapper_irwin

Ok, I've moved on a fraction from my original question of 'how to create a slide show with music attached' for playing on a TV, and have now purchased 'Ulead movie factory 3.5'. (thanks for your help so far folks)

I picked up the appropriate slide show file, which I had saved from PTE, and 'Movie studio 3.5' promptly assembled the pictues in some weird order...1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,100,101 ,102. (115 slides in all) and I've no idea why.

My first question therefore is..... does anyone know how I can make 'Movie Factory' select images, from an PTE slide show, in the correct order?

Secondly, and please don't shout at me for asking this but, why bother to use PTE if Movie Studio will create a slide show with associated music?

Sorry to be such a pain.

Gotta say this is a very frustrating process, especially as some friends have been making slide shows with music attached and playing the DVDs on their TV for a while now..... And they aren't particularly into PCs or photography.

In fact I'm going to pop around to their place and have a look at precisely what program they are using to create their DVDs/shows. (It'll be a good excuse for having a beer...)

Would appreciate any help or suggestions folks.

Thanks in advance.

Dave

Guest Techman1

Dave,

In Ulead Movie Factory, you need to import the AVI file that PTE creates. This is done by pressing the Video button in PTE and then leaving PTE open. You then import the AVI file into MovieFactory. When Movie Factory finishes creating the DVD file, you can then close PTE.

It almost sounds like you imported all the images (JPEG's) into Movie Factory and not the AVI file. If you bring in the AVI file from PTE, the slides will be in the same order they were created in PTE.

I hope this helps a little. If not, please let us know a few step by steps of what you are doing and I'm sure someone will be able to help.

Good luck!

Fred

Dave,

In Ulead Movie Factory, you need to import the AVI file that PTE creates. This is done by pressing the Video button in PTE and then leaving PTE open. You then import the AVI file into MovieFactory. When Movie Factory finishes creating the DVD file, you can then close PTE.

It almost sounds like you imported all the images (JPEG's) into Movie Factory and not the AVI file. If you bring in the AVI file from PTE, the slides will be in the same order they were created in PTE.

I hope this helps a little. If not, please let us know a few step by steps of what you are doing and I'm sure someone will be able to help.

Good luck!

Fred

Thanks for your help Fred…Sadly though, it still aint working.

Not sure if it’s finger/ brain trouble on my part or what, so I’ll explain the sequence of actions that I have taken and maybe you can spot my error…if you aren’t too bored with it yet.

P to E

Control A ( capture all 115 JPGs

Video

DVD-Video disk (PAL/ SECAM for Europe)

For ULEAD DVD Movie Factory

Interlaced video

Create AVI

Location...File name… Matt & Sarah-VID

File Type… P to E Video for Ulead (*PTEV)

Save (leave P to E open)

Open ‘Movie Factory 3.5

Create Video Disk

New project

DVD

OK

Add Media

Can’t use ‘Create slideshow’ or ‘Capture Video', or ‘Import DVD/ Video from disk/ hard drive’ as there is no sign of the P to E created slideshow, so use the only option available…

Add Video files (Recognises ‘VID’ files but unable to open the file as it comes up with a ‘File reading error…17101:1:42)

And that’s as far as I can go.

Am I being a moron here? Is it something really simple?

Any help appreciated,

Dave.

Guest Techman1

Dave,

Sorry it's still not working. I only have MovieFactory(MF) version 2 and 4, but not 3.5. As a result, I'm not sure why you are getting this error. You might make sure of the following:

(1) Update PTE to the latest 4.xx version available (if you aren't already running it). There is a fix in one of the 4.xx versions that allows MF to read the .ptev file correctly.

(2) Make sure you have the latest patches for MF 3.5 installed. Certain versions of Ulead MF have been buggy in their coding and require updates to fix various issues.

In addition to the above, you might try going to the Ulead Help Forum and see if there are any indications of similar problems. I would try to do the above first, as reading through everything in some of these forums can eat up a lot of time. But, it's up to you.

Here's the Ulead Forum Link

I hope this helps and please let us know what you find out. I wish I could point you to a specific solution, but it's not possible at this time (at least from me).

Good luck,

Fred

I picked up the appropriate slide show file, which I had saved from PTE, and 'Movie studio 3.5' promptly assembled the pictues in some weird order...1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,100,101 ,102. (115 slides in all) and I've no idea why.

Computer systems often automatically sequence numbers like this. Try renumbering the pictures so that they all contain 3 digits i.e. 001, 002, 003 etc, then 010, 020 for 10 and 20 etc until you get to 100, then 101, 102 etc.

Greyflannels