WnSoft Forums

Timeline problems

Tom Rowles

Hi,

I am just putting together a slide show with about 100 pictures, the pictures are all entered together with the music, but when entering the transitions in the timeline when I get to picture 67 I cannot enter anymore pictures or transitions, The music continues bit I cannot enter anymore images or transitions. Help please anyone.

Adobe one

Hi,

I am just putting together a slide show with about 100 pictures, the pictures are all entered together with the music, but when entering the transitions in the timeline when I get to picture 67 I cannot enter anymore pictures or transitions, The music continues bit I cannot enter anymore images or transitions. Help please anyone.

Adobe one

Adobe One,

You don't indicate what version of PTE you are using ?

1)

Did you 'Auto-Synchronise' the Music to the Slides before you added the Transitions?

2)

I made that mistake once, where the 'Total Slide Times' -plus- the 'Transition Times' exceeded

the Music Playing Time, where after the Program just locked me out.

3)

If this is the case go to the 'Music Tab' in the Main Program Window and delete the Music File entry.

Then complete your Transitions and everything else, 'Time your Show' and select a Music Track to

slightly overlap that 'Timing period'.

This may help....

Brian.Conflow.

Adobe One,

Are you sure all of the images are already loaded into the "slide list".

If not, and if you are adding more images in the timeline window than you already have in the "slide list", you should also make sure that "View / Auto adding of new transition points for new slides" is checked in the Timeline window. (I assume you are using PTE version 4. If not, remember that not all of the options have been activated yet in version 5).

Adobe One,

You don't indicate what version of PTE you are using ?

1)

Did you 'Auto-Synchronise' the Music to the Slides before you added the Transitions?

2)

I made that mistake once, where the 'Total Slide Times' -plus- the 'Transition Times' exceeded

the Music Playing Time, where after the Program just locked me out.

3)

If this is the case go to the 'Music Tab' in the Main Program Window and delete the Music File entry.

Then complete your Transitions and everything else, 'Time your Show' and select a Music Track to

slightly overlap that 'Timing period'.

This may help....

Brian.Conflow.

Hi,

Many thanks Brian and Al.

Brian seems to have hit the nail on the head, I originally entered some music and then the slides and transitions which exceeded the length of time of the music before I joined on another piece of music. The programme let me add a few more slides then locked me out. The problem was solved by deleting all the slide times and transitions and re entering them to the extended music.

Many thanks once again.

One further query, when adding additional slides to an existing timeline or altering transition, or slide times is there a way of moving all the timings along on block to make room for the alteration.

Adobe One

One further query, when adding additional slides to an existing timeline or altering transition, or slide times is there a way of moving all the timings along on block to make room for the alteration.

Yes, simply shift-click on the first and last slide transitions of the group (the little blue rectangles on the timeline), and move them en-masse to where you want them. :)