WnSoft Forums

Animating Images

Dougall

I have a number of images 'grabbed' from a video and would like to show them in PTE in QUICK succession to simulate movement. Is it possible please?

Yes, just make sure that the file sizes are amenable with your hardware for quick display. I would suggest no larger than 1024x768 or perhaps even 800x600. You haven't said which version of P2E you are using, but display them with minimal between slide time and with no effects and you should get decent movement assuming you have adjacent frames. I used the non-beta P2E to demonstrate zoom, etc., in the past by resizing images and displaying them in a progressive sequence. This worked quite well but did take some time to orchestrate. There is no reason why you can't do this subject to your hardware limitations.

Best regards,

Lin

Yes, just make sure that the file sizes are amenable with your hardware for quick display. I would suggest no larger than 1024x768 or perhaps even 800x600. You haven't said which version of P2E you are using, but display them with minimal between slide time and with no effects and you should get decent movement assuming you have adjacent frames. I used the non-beta P2E to demonstrate zoom, etc., in the past by resizing images and displaying them in a progressive sequence. This worked quite well but did take some time to orchestrate. There is no reason why you can't do this subject to your hardware limitations.

Best regards,

Lin

Lin,

Thanks for your prompt reply.

Images are 1024 x 768 and I'm using adjacent frames in PTE 4.48. However, I can't get less than one second between frames resulting in 'jerky' movement (effects are off). Any further suggestions?

Kind regards,

Dougall

Lin,

Thanks for your prompt reply.

Images are 1024 x 768 and I'm using adjacent frames in PTE 4.48. However, I can't get less than one second between frames resulting in 'jerky' movement (effects are off). Any further suggestions?

Kind regards,

Dougall

You probably just don't have it set up correctly. Go to Project Options/Main and set the time for each slide to zero (on the left) and 2 ms on the right.

Next set up each individual slide in "Customize Slide/Main" to zero and 2ms. Be sure to set no effect, quick transition.

Here is a link to a quick executable set up that way. These are not sequential, just random 1024x768 images at about 500K each...... Press ESC to stop....

http://www.lin-evans.net/p2e/movietry.zip

Best regards,

Lin

would like to show them in PTE in QUICK succession to simulate movement. Is it possible please?

yes it can be done ''only'' in pte v 4.48

as there is no '' quick'' transition effect in v 5.5 beta

will do one for you to see - fill a glass with water

images + 2 for setting in pte use pause & arrows to see images one at a time press ' esc.'' or ''X''

to stop

image quality not great it's just a quick demo

all best

web site http://www.wpg.pro.ie for download size 1.72mb

p/s Igor,

can you put '' quick'' transition effect in next beta 5

great job Igor and team

yes it can be done ''only'' in pte v 4.48

as there is no '' quick'' transition effect in v 5.5 beta

Yes, the "quick" transition is now available in beta 5 under "Customize slide".

Igor, I think you forgot to add it to Project Options, too?

Igor, I think you forgot to add it to Project Options, too?

No, we did it specially to make more reliable code of effects. Because if allows Quick transition in global effects, a duration of transition effect will vary (because this effect has no duration at all).

But if you need to globally set Quick transition for all slides, just uncheck "Enable transition effects" option.

I have a number of images 'grabbed' from a video and would like to show them in PTE in QUICK succession to simulate movement. Is it possible please?

Many thanks to you all for your help and your time! I've now achieved the effect I wanted.

You're all so helpful (a rare commodity these days). Keep up the good work.

Thanks once again,

Dougall