WnSoft Forums

Templates in V.5

JohnFeg

When V. 5 was made available I started a "Test" slideshow.

Because I originally intended that it would be discarded, I did not, for heaven knows what reason!, follow my normal protocal of retaining everything relative to the show in one folder.

But it progressed and now I want to retain the thing. The JPGs have been drawn from various and widely separated folders. This was mainly because I "appropriated files" from other projects - stupid I know!

I have now made a template of this slideshow.

Can I now delete those JPG files which are resident in folders I want to clean up? and can I continue working on the project by opening it from the template?

John

When V. 5 was made available I started a "Test" slideshow.

Because I originally intended that it would be discarded, I did not, for heaven knows what reason!, follow my normal protocal of retaining everything relative to the show in one folder.

But it progressed and now I want to retain the thing. The JPGs have been drawn from various and widely separated folders. This was mainly because I "appropriated files" from other projects - stupid I know!

I have now made a template of this slideshow.

Can I now delete those JPG files which are resident in folders I want to clean up? and can I continue working on the project by opening it from the template?

John

Hi John,

Use the "zip" feature found under "File" "Create backup in Zip". This feature saves everything except any executable or AVI files you may have created. It zips up all the original jpg., etc. along with the pte file and puts them all together. That's how people have been sharing their work over the web. The program gathers all the files from various folders and puts them all in the zip. The zip has the date and file information written right into the file name.

Best regards,

Lin

John,

I agree with Lin - the zipped files are in a much handier format than in the traditional template folder, especially since it is difficult to remember where the template files are located. However, you do have to remember where you put your "zip" file. But you do have the option of doing a "search" for it if you forget.

John,

I agree with Lin - the zipped files are in a much handier format than in the traditional template folder, especially since it is difficult to remember where the template files are located. However, you do have to remember where you put your "zip" file. But you do have the option of doing a "search" for it if you forget.

Lin & Al,

many thanks, I'll get on and do that. It's a relief to know I will not have to do a lot of file re-allocation.

John