WnSoft Forums

Panning

Ronniebootwest

In the latest beta (5) I am having some problems with the speed at which text 'scrolls up the screen'.

Having set the text to scroll up in the normal way (see my pdf tutorial) everything seems to work perfectly with the text 'slowly' moving up the screen. However when I check/uncheck the 'Play background music tab' in the main 'Music' tab of Project Options, strange things happen. For example with the tab checked - the text scolls up very quickly but if I uncheck the tab, the text slows down to a readable speed. But! with the tab unchecked the .exe file created WILL NOT RUN.

How should the speed of the 'scroll' be controlled? I was under the impression that moving the transition points further apart would slow down the movement, but this does seem to work for me.

Ron

In the latest beta (5) I am having some problems with the speed at which text 'scrolls up the screen'.

Having set the text to scroll up in the normal way (see my pdf tutorial) everything seems to work perfectly with the text 'slowly' moving up the screen. However when I check/uncheck the 'Play background music tab' in the main 'Music' tab of Project Options, strange things happen. For example with the tab checked - the text scolls up very quickly but if I uncheck the tab, the text slows down to a readable speed. But! with the tab unchecked the .exe file created WILL NOT RUN.

How should the speed of the 'scroll' be controlled? I was under the impression that moving the transition points further apart would slow down the movement, but this does seem to work for me.

I don't know what's going on with the "play background music" check and why it would affect the speed of scroll.

Ron

Do you mean moving the "keypoints" furher apart rather than "transition points?" The keypoints on the time line control when things happen and for how long so to make the text scroll slower you want to extend the space or (time) between when the text begins to scroll and when it leaves the screen. Of course if you make the scroll begin further down off the monitor and end further up off the monitor you are making it travel further in the same period of time so it will necessarily move "faster".

Best regards,

Lin

Hi Lin,

Yes I do mean changing the distance between the keypoints on the timeline. I have set the timing to 60000 and this of course means that the actual end keypoint disappears from the timeline to the right. With this setting, the text scrolls up at a satisfactory speed BUT the second image then appears much to quickly (long before the text has scrolled up to the top.

How can I make the second image appear as the text disappears?

Ron

Hi Lin,

Yes I do mean changing the distance between the keypoints on the timeline. I have set the timing to 60000 and this of course means that the actual end keypoint disappears from the timeline to the right. With this setting, the text scrolls up at a satisfactory speed BUT the second image then appears much to quickly (long before the text has scrolled up to the top.

How can I make the second image appear as the text disappears?

Ron

Hi Ron,

Send me a link to the pte file and I'll look at it and see what you need to do.

Best regards,

Lin

Hello Igor,

I tried your pre beta but the music will not play in the main 'Preview' mode nor in the timeline preview. However, it does play when in the timeline and the 'Play' button is pressed.

Ron

Ken,

Please excuse me! I'm still working on several problems simultaneously and unfortunately my email box contains 28 unanswered letters. I'll try to reply you ASAP!

Please don't worry, I'll reply on all emails and every problem will be solved.

I very appreciate all your help.

p.s. on past week I found that SpamPal program blocked many useful letters, so I uninstalled it and manually checked up all folder with blocked letters.