WnSoft Forums

Converting to AVI

bakerlite

:( I have previously been able to produce DVD videos from PTE of some of my slide presentations without any problem. Today I had an 11 minute presentation with an MP3 continuous music track (synchronous) which ran sweetly in preview (and as an exe file) but would not create an AVI file. I could see a preview but it would not create a full AVI file. The error message that came up was: catCantcreate file

Anybody out there had this problem or can offer advice. I have spent hours on getting a really nice presentation and find this very frustrating!

Mike

p2e version?

i am having problems with ver 5 b5 burning properly yet the exe is perfect

ken

p2e 4.48. I have the beta version of p2e 5 on my machine but have been careful to saty with p2e 4.48 for this particular job. It's a wedding with about 160 pics all scaled down to 1600 pixels max dimensions producing a p2e file of about 40 Mbytes.

sorry, I should have said; I did try that; same error message! I appreciate your advice, I am new to using this forum, as you will see,

Mike

I do believe I may have solved it! I was trying to save it with a name like this: lucy-pte-4 I have now changed it's name to just Lucy and it seems to be coding as I type! lets hope so. I am puzzled as to how saving it with some - symbols in causes problems, but I will report back if it's OK.

Mike

Guest Techman1

Mike,

I haven't had problems with the name issue (especially just adding a "-" between names). I know I have several files with the dash in the project/avi name. Was the error you were getting from PTE or from your burning/encoding software?

Ken,

What problems are you having with the Beta 5 version? I just completed a slideshow for a client and went to DVD without issue. In fact they loved the new features that I was able to add due to PTE 5 capabilities. If I can help in any way, please let me know (although I know you have probably burned even more DVD's using this software than I have). :D

Regards,

Fred

Mike,

I haven't had problems with the name issue (especially just adding a "-" between names). I know I have several files with the dash in the project/avi name. Was the error you were getting from PTE or from your burning/encoding software?

Ken,

What problems are you having with the Beta 5 version? I just completed a slideshow for a client and went to DVD without issue. In fact they loved the new features that I was able to add due to PTE 5 capabilities. If I can help in any way, please let me know (although I know you have probably burned even more DVD's using this software than I have). :D

Regards,

Fred

The - sign in the name does seem to have been the cause of the problem. When I gave it a new name without symbols, it created an AVI file and I was able to burn a DVD without any problem. Strange but there we are. The error was from P2E.

Thanks for your advice and thougts on the matter. I do hope the full version of P2E 5 comes out soon; I will be an instant convert!

Mike

Mike,

Ken,

Regards,

Fred