WnSoft Forums

Can't find Registration Key

terily

I have been using P2E for several years now, with the professional license. Today, it just STOPPED working and so I guess it's time to upgrade. However, I can't find my reg key. I've emailed to find out but haven't heard back and need to make a wedding show by tomorrow. Is it somewhere on my harddrive, maybe? I read the other thread and am doing a search now for *.KEY but nothing so far. If it was just in an email, I am toast, because I've gone through at least three computers since I started with PTE and the old email system died last year!! Any help is appreciated.

terily

IF YOU HAVE NOT CHANGED YOUR SYSTEM -ie reformatted - it will still be in the registry

and all you need to do is reinstall ver 4.48

at

http://www.wnsoft.com/download.htm

but you should have saved your original to floppy

have you tried a reboot then try to start pict to exe?

dont try messing with ver 5 at this point

ken

I have been using P2E for several years now, with the professional license. Today, it just STOPPED working and so I guess it's time to upgrade. However, I can't find my reg key. I've emailed to find out but haven't heard back and need to make a wedding show by tomorrow. Is it somewhere on my harddrive, maybe? I read the other thread and am doing a search now for *.KEY but nothing so far. If it was just in an email, I am toast, because I've gone through at least three computers since I started with PTE and the old email system died last year!! Any help is appreciated.

terily

Terily,

Because you have changed Computers 3 times...You might try this:-

Find and open your (damaged) 'PTE Program Folder' and within that Folder you may find a File titled 'Reg' or 'Key' about 220 bytes long. It can be identified as follows,it starts with:-

REGEDIT4

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\PTE]

"Key"="0vFigforSbp0YX...............etc, Its a very long Key Code, and it may appear as a 'Notepad' document.

Simply copy this into a New Folder (call it PTE Reg) now copy and paste that entire Keycode into your (New) downloaded 'PTE Program Folder', make sure that doesn't have the same File Name as the (old) damaged PTE File. The New Program will find the 'Keycode' within the new PTE Folder on Computer re-boot.

Brian.Conflow.

See also this page. The reg.key can also be found in the Registry (path HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\PTE). Copy and paste in Notepad, then rebuild the entire string following exactly the syntax showed in the site page.