WnSoft Forums

Screen Resolution Issue

jevans

I have just prepared a short presentation using Version 5 Beta#5. My monitor is 1280 x 1024 and I set the screen options in "Project Options" "Screen" to 4/3. i.e an aspect ratio of 1.333 to 1 which is the same as my monitor. All the slide files are cropped to 1280 x 960 to keep the same aspect ratio. However I have one slide which I want to zoom in to. This is 3264 x 2448, i.e. the same aspect ratio. This slide is zoomed in to the bottom right hand side and then a second image is gardually expanded to fill the screen.

On my monitor set at 1280 x 1024, this work fine and the second image expands to a central position on the screen. However if I view the same show on a pc with a monitor set to 1024 x 768, the second zoomed image is not central but offset so that it is not all visible. I attach two screen shots showing the two cases.

I thought that Version 5 was supposed to overcome this problem of viewing shows on display units with different settings?

Jeffpost-1996-1157212841_thumb.jpgpost-1996-1157212865_thumb.jpg

My monitor is 1280 x 1024 and I set the screen options in "Project Options" "Screen" to 4/3. i.e an aspect ratio of 1.333 to 1 which is the same as my monitor.

Jeff,

I detect a slight ambiguity in the information you gave us. 1280x1024 is not 4:3. Maybe you need to first set your monitor to 1280x960?

Jeff,

I detect a slight ambiguity in the information you gave us. 1280x1024 is not 4:3. Maybe you need to first set your monitor to 1280x960?

Al,

I don't think that is the problem, but see comments below. Your comment made me look again at the problem and I think I have the answer. When locating zoomed images in the "objects" window, it seems to be important to use the "Auto" view first so that the locations are relative to the screen size. What I was doing was to have the window setting at 50% and thus the objects were not correctly located at the 100% setting.

Anothe issue may be due to the fact that my default monitor setting is 1280 x 1024, an aspect ratio of 5/4. However my camera default images are 3264 x 2448 an aspect ratio of 4/3. So my practice has been to either leave them uncropped or crop them to 1280 x 960 (4/3) to get the best screen match. However I have been setting the "Project Options" "Screen" settings to 4/3 to match the images and not 5/4 to match the monitor. In fact, I realize now that this has nothing to do with the original problem but just alters where the images appear on the screen.

So the answer is : when zooming and locating large images in the "Objects" window, always have the window view setting at either Auto or 100% while you are locating the objects.

Thanks for setting me on the right track.

Regards

Jeff