WnSoft Forums

Tutorial : position objects

JPD

I made sometimes ago a tutorial which explain how to position exactly objects.

Since this day, Igor has put a new function "transparent for the selection", and it's now easier to do than before, so I have make a new tutorial and exemple here using this function. There are the exe and the template, and are named "Puzzle version 2"

Since this day, Igor has put a new function "transparent for the selection", and it's now easier to do than before, so I have make a new tutorial and exemple here using this function. There are the exe and the template, and are named "Puzzle version 2"

Thanks for the new tutorial!

I'm a little confused about one slide. In step #3, it says, "Position so that there is no grey..." I understand that. Underneath there is a little image of the position box, with the comment "Integer number if picture size is pair." I don't understand this statement. Can you explain?

Thanks.

I'm a little confused about one slide. In step #3, it says, "Position so that there is no grey..." I understand that. Underneath there is a little image of the position box, with the comment "Integer number if picture size is pair." I don't understand this statement. Can you explain?

First, all objects must become absolutely grey.

If you want to work with a 1280x960screen definition for instance, you will probably have 1280x960 pictures size, that's the best way. If you take a part of this picture and make a new file in order to put it above the main picture, if the size is for instance of 199 pixels, you will be obliged to put it in PTE at Pan xxx.5, if it the size is 200 pixels you will put it at xxx.0

This is usefull for instance when you want to put a title above a picture for a moment, it's not necessary to save twice all the picture, you just need to save the picture as main and the part where is the title as secondary picture and you have only to position exactly the second one above the main picture. It's what I always did with V4.xx, and it's now easier with V5.0

First, all objects must become absolutely grey.

If you want to work with a 1280x960screen definition for instance, you will probably have 1280x960 pictures size, that's the best way. If you take a part of this picture and make a new file in order to put it above the main picture, if the size is for instance of 199 pixels, you will be obliged to put it in PTE at Pan xxx.5, if it the size is 200 pixels you will put it at xxx.0

This is usefull for instance when you want to put a title above a picture for a moment, it's not necessary to save twice all the picture, you just need to save the picture as main and the part where is the title as secondary picture and you have only to position exactly the second one above the main picture. It's what I always did with V4.xx, and it's now easier with V5.0

Thank you. I am not at a PC where I can try this right now, but I will. When I can see the screen it will probably make more sense. :blink:

Thanks again.

Jean-Pierre,

Thanks for puzzle. It is a very useful example. I think I follow most of it but I am not sure I understand the wording on Slide 3 where you say " integer if picture slide is pair". Do you mean if the original puzzle picture is the same dimensions as the screen, then the pan/zoom values will be integer numbers?

Also how did you maake the "coin" corners for your frame. Creating a frame with PTE is a great idea which i would not have thought of doing.

Regards

Jeff

Jeff, it's very difficult to explain correctly in english, and I hope you will understand my bad english.

As you can see in the exemple, there is always a parent objet in all the slides. This object is a rectangle with opacity=0% and with the size equal to the screen definition I choice.

This screen definition can be different of the screen definition of you PC, that's no problem. For instance I often use 1280 x 960 and my PC is generally on 1152x864.

This parent object is fit to screen, so all the child object with original option will be resize with the ratio between the size of the parent rectangle and the real screen definition, and it will be the same ratio for all the children objects if they are with original option.

So you can work with a scale of 100% between all the children objects.

Imagine you are in photoshop for instance, and you have a picture of 1280x960 and you select a part of the picture in its center with a width of 199 pixels (99 on left and 100 on right), the center of the selection will be at + 0.5 pixel on the right. it the same in PTE to put the picture of the selection above the main picture you will have to put it at half a pixel on the right if the selection isn't pair and at an integer value (0) if its size is pair (100 pixels each side).

It's easier to work with integer value, it's the reason for which I try to have always size with pair value. Of course PTE is also OK with value not pair and with 0.5 at the end of the Pan value, but it's not so easy.

For the Corner, it's very easy, I make a rectangle to make the border with horizontal or vertical gradient and with the 2 colors I want, I put all the parameters in order this rectangle is at 100% on the screen and make a screen copy that I put in Paintshop (or Photoshop) and I keep a part of the rectangle to create the corner that I save and use for all the corner, I have just to rotate this corner file of different value (90, 180...) for each corner.

It's also possible to have 2, 3 or more rectangles with appropriate size and value to make more complexe frame, but the method for the corner is always the same and very quick.