WnSoft Forums

Canoot edit objects in beta#6 on file created in beta#4

PhilippeG

I created a fairly complex file with PTE Beta#4 including some objects with a lot of parent / child levels as the movement of each object is dependent on the movement of the previous one.

I tried to edit the objects in Beta #6. They seem to be "frozen" i.e. the value for raotation changes but the objects does not rotate.

Is there anything I should check (or uncheck).

I have tried all the various options (I think), to no avail.

As I overwrote the previous versions of PTE with beta#6 I cannot go back and check with the previous version.

Is there a place where I could get the previous versions of PTEBetas?

These questions might seem basic, but I could not find answers to them on the forum yet.

Thank you for your support

Philippe :(

Difficult to answer to your question without the PTE file. I always succeed to open a PTE file make with a precedent version with a new one version.

Send us via yousendit your template, it will be probably possible to answer.

Difficult to answer to your question without the PTE file. I always succeed to open a PTE file make with a precedent version with a new one version.

Send us via yousendit your template, it will be probably possible to answer.

I actually can open the file and indeed the previsualisation wroks fine. But I cannot rotate, pan or zoom the object.

IHere is the file.

Thank you

File.zip

Bonjour Philippe,

Les rotations sont bien prises en compte, le problème, c'est qu'au départ tu n'as pas 1 mais 2 keypoints, et c'est ça qui fait que ça ne prend pas en compte les nouveaux paramètres (Rotate, mais aussi Pan et Zoom).

Il suffit donc de détruire un des 2 Keypoints. Par précaution tu mets la position du 1er keypoint à 1000, ainsi tu vérifies qu'il y en a bien 2

Pour le reste il serait plus sage de mettre tous les objets de 19_T11 à 1_crane comme enfant direct de 20_T12 car cette cascade d'enfant-parent n'est pas justifiée et augmente considérablement l'imprécision de l'ensemble dans la mesure ou le calcul de la position du crane dépend de 7 rotations en cascade alors qu'une seule suffirait et de 16 zooms toujours en cascade alors qu'un seul aurait suffit. Par ailleurs si tu utilisais l'option "original" pour tous les objets (hors niveau 1) cela te faciliterais grandement le travail, avec une précision bien supérieure.

PS il existe un forum français ou il est plus facile de traiter ce genre de problème : Diapositif, ça fait moins de travail, car l'anglais, c'est pas mon fort.

There are two keypoints at time=0, so it's the reason of the problem. In this slideshow, there also have to much level parent-child (21) which complicate the calculations, but it's not the reason of the problem and seem to work fine even there are too much calculations to do.

Bonjour Philippe,

Les rotations sont bien prises en compte, le problème, c'est qu'au départ tu n'as pas 1 mais 2 keypoints, et c'est ça qui fait que ça ne prend pas en compte les nouveaux paramètres (Rotate, mais aussi Pan et Zoom).

Il suffit donc de détruire un des 2 Keypoints. Par précaution tu mets la position du 1er keypoint à 1000, ainsi tu vérifies qu'il y en a bien 2

Pour le reste il serait plus sage de mettre tous les objets de 19_T11 à 1_crane comme enfant direct de 20_T12 car cette cascade d'enfant-parent n'est pas justifiée et augmente considérablement l'imprécision de l'ensemble dans la mesure ou le calcul de la position du crane dépend de 7 rotations en cascade alors qu'une seule suffirait et de 16 zooms toujours en cascade alors qu'un seul aurait suffit. Par ailleurs si tu utilisais l'option "original" pour tous les objets (hors niveau 1) cela te faciliterais grandement le travail, avec une précision bien supérieure.

PS il existe un forum français ou il est plus facile de traiter ce genre de problème : Diapositif, ça fait moins de travail, car l'anglais, c'est pas mon fort.

There are two keypoints at time=0, so it's the reason of the problem. In this slideshow, there also have to much level parent-child (21) which complicate the calculations, but it's not the reason of the problem and seem to work fine even there are too much calculations to do.

Jean-Pierre

Many thanks for the very clear explanations. I will do the changes suggested.

And I will visit Diapositif!

Merci beaucoup

Philippe

Very interesting project Philippe !

I don't want to be indiscrete but what is it for ? :)

I am trying to reproduce, for teaching purposes, the deformation of the spine resulting from abnormal forms of aging.

Actually I have revamped the whole project based on Jean Pierre's recommendations.

Using PTE for my "standard" photo slideshows, it occured to me it could be very easy to do this kind of animation.

Many thanks for your interest :)