WnSoft Forums

adding text...

laura.pearce

I have recently installed the new version of Picture to Exe 5.00 Beta and I cannot work out how to add text to slides. Also how to add blank slides so that you can fade pictures in.

Any ideas

Laura Pearce

Hi Laura,

Text has not yet been enabled in the beta so you need to create your text in Photoshop or other graphics editor. The easiest way is to create it as a PNG file (there are a number of tutorials concerning this available for download). You can change the background color in either Project Options, Screen, Background or you can do it for individual slides via Customize Slide, Main, Use Own Background Preference. With each of these you can use any solid color or gradient. You can also create solid jpg files in your choice of image editor and use these via the Objects and Animations on a layer behind your images.

You have two ways to fade in pictures. You can use the Fade In Fade Out effect or you can use the Keypoints and set opacity for any image initially to zero then place a keypoint at the time you wish the change to full opacity to occur and set that opacity to 100%, etc. This will fade in the image to either a full or any transparency you wish - very versatile.

I would suggest downloading and reading some of the tutorials and playing with the new beta for a while before switching over completely because there are many powerful new capabilities. Igor is slowly introducing all features to facilitate debugging. There will be at least one more beta before the release version is ready.

Best regards,

Lin