WnSoft Forums

upgrading presentations.

laura.pearce

I have recently downloaded the new version of Pictures to Exe v 5.00 Beta from v 4.47 and I now find that presentations created in v 4.47 cannot be played in v5.00 Beta and vice versa. Is there any way that I can convert my old slide shows created in v 4.47 so that they will play on v 5.00 Beta and be further edited using the newer available functions in v 5.00 Beta.

I have recently downloaded the new version of Pictures to Exe v 5.00 Beta from v 4.47 and I now find that presentations created in v 4.47 cannot be played in v5.00 Beta and vice versa. Is there any way that I can convert my old slide shows created in v 4.47 so that they will play on v 5.00 Beta and be further edited using the newer available functions in v 5.00 Beta.

I have coincidentally placed some comments along these lines in another thread - probably at the same time as you were writing your post. :)

Hi Laura Anne,

Actually, they are not backwardly compatible, that is you can't play beta 6 pte's in 4.48 and earlier, etc, because there are many features not previously available, but older pte's can be read and played now. Read Al's information about timing differences on the calculations of slides plus transitions on the other post, don't use wma sound files and they should work fine for all presently enabled features. We use our old pte's in Beta 6 without problems.

Best regards,

Lin

Laura Anne

part of a quote i made earlier today off list

i use 4.48 to start the basics of a show then open it with ver5 and save it under a different name

then i have the ver 4 pte and ver 5 pte working out of the same folder

if i want to rev. the ver 4 show i open the original ver pte with ver 4

if i want to edit the ver 5 show i open the ver 5 renamed pte with ver 5

the pte file is likely the smallest part of your show so you can have many versions of a show in your working folder saved with different names - then you can diddle them at your pleasure till you are satisfied

the thing to remeber that ver 5 is not complete so keep this link at your fingertips if you find something may not work

http://www.picturestoexe.com/forums/index....0&hl=navbar

ken