WnSoft Forums

picturestoexe v.5 beta #6

africa1

Hi

I am new at the forum.

I got v 4.48 and v5 beta #6. It seems the that the Fade function does not work properly, on v4.48 it works fine.

Any suggestions

Mark

Hi Mark,

Even though it is a beta, the fade works fine on my system so I was wondering if you could be more specific about how it's not working "properly?"

If you could give some details perhaps we could help sort it out.

Best regards,

Lin

Hi Mark,

Even though it is a beta, the fade works fine on my system so I was wondering if you could be more specific about how it's not working "properly?"

If you could give some details perhaps we could help sort it out.

Best regards,

Lin

Hi Lin

The first and last two slides would fade in and out, but the rest would just jump without any fades.

Mark

Hi Lin

The first and last two slides would fade in and out, but the rest would just jump without any fades.

Mark

Hi Mark,

Go to your second slide, then to the Objects and Animations tab and click on Customize Slide. Next click on the Effect Tab and see if the Use Own Transition Effect blcck is checked. If it is, then check on the Effect Duration to be sure that it's not abbreviated.

If this doesn't make the second slide fade as expected, use the File, Create Backup in Zip feature and post a link to the zip file created and I'll see what's happening. It "should" work perfectly normally.

If you find the Use Own Transition Effect block not checked along with the Fade in the Customize Slide, then check it and do likewise for the other slides not working. No one else is having difficulty so I'm pretty certain that it's a settings issue, but you can't find the answer then post the zipped file and we will sort it out.

Best regards,

Lin

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Lin

Sorry that I only answer now. Been away and quite busy.

I played with the program again and found out:

1. If pictures are about 3456 x 2304 pixels only first two and last slides fade in/out

2. If I reduced the picture size in Photoshop to about 2560 x 1706 pixels, fade in/out works fine.

After I reduced the size it work fine.

Thanks for time and effort.

Mark

It depends above all on the time interval between a picture and the following, and on the duration of the fade. When the .EXE starts, images #1 and #2 are already in the cache; when image #1 is shown, the #3 begins to be loaded to the cache. But if the files are too big, the time can be insufficient for the caching of the third image.