WnSoft Forums

avi's have jagged edges

samlimster

Hi folks.

I just bought PTE and love the user interface. The main reason I bought it was to create DVD slideshows however, I'm a little concerned about the quality of the AVIs. It appears like the AVI's are fairly low res because the edges of objects appear jagged. The exe slideshow with the same images looks perfect along with the slide previews. I tried editing the resolution fields in custom AVI mode but this didn't appear to help. I even tried different codecs with different quality values, some of which produced absolutely HUGE files, but the jagged edges still appeared. I burned test DVD's and found that the jagged edges remained.

Prior to this I was using iPhoto and iDVD to do my slideshows and have been pleased with the quality of the video. Am I doing something wrong with PTE?

thanks!

sam.

Please wait for the next v5.00 beta #7 where I'll vastly improve quality of AVI video output. Also with next beta we'll present PicturesToExe Deluxe which can create and burn DVD-Video discs.

As temporal solution, use smaller images when you create slide-show for DVD.

Please wait for the next v5.00 beta #7 where I'll vastly improve quality of AVI video output. Also with next beta we'll present PicturesToExe Deluxe which can create and burn DVD-Video discs.

Igor

will there be 2 separate beta's

PicturesToExe Deluxe Beta

and

v5.00 beta #7

ken

We just finished works on pre-beta of PicturesToExe Deluxe. I fully reworked rendering of video for AVI and for our PicturesToExe Deluxe and results should be quite amazing. I spent one week to find optimal variants and PicturesToExe analyzes every slide-show to render it with maximal quality.

I tested burned DVD discs on CRT TV, on high quality LCD projector Panasonic AE900, and on LCD display.

I remember Andrew wrote me about problem with jaggies on large images, now this image looks exceptionally well without prior reducing in Photoshop.

Beta will be very soon.