WnSoft Forums

Jump to slide #

Ken Newcombe

How do I jump to a particular slide while running a presentation?

In the release version 4.48 you can set up a manual show and with the navigation bar you can go to first slide, next slide or previous slide. By going to first slide then previous slide you can go to the last slide, but there is no provision for jumping to a "particular" slide while running a presentation.

Best regards,

Lin

Penton – Welcome to the forum.

You may want to give this a try. ( ver 4.48 )

Example:

Slide show images 1 to 20

Slide 20 – last slide of show - give a long timing duration say 10 minutes. (Actual end of presentation)

Slide 3 – using Object Editor – Button – Properties “ Go to slide number “– in “ Enter slide number section “ enter 21 ( lets say this is an Information slide )

Slide 21 you could add a Button with same properties as above directing it to go to back to Slide 3.

You could have as many as you wish to use as INFO slides outside of the original presentation, 21 – 22 - 23 – 24 – etc.

Just create a button to direct it back to the original show image.

Yes I would use the “ Navigation Bar “ (with Pause)

I believe you cannot use " Synchronize show " - will have to look up an old show I did with this procedure, been a long time.

Not sure if this is what you are trying to achieve.

Penton,

Welcome to the Forum!

Another "work-around" that might achieve what you want is to save a second copy of your show as, say, "MyShow2.exe". Then in the original of the show, select "Customize Slide" for the slide you want to break away from, check "Run External Application" and type '"MyShow2.exe" 7' for the application you want to switch to, where "7" is the number of the particular slide you want to run first.

If you want to start a PTE show at a certain slide, simply type '"MyShow2.exe" 7' in the "Run" utility on the "Start" menu. Make sure you give it the full pathname.