WnSoft Forums

Picture To Exe Crashing

janiszew

My wife and I have almost identical computers. When I run a presentation on her computer it runs fine. When I run it on mine it crashes after a few seconds. There is no error, it just closes.

I have ruled out any erros in the presentation I made because the ones I download crash too.

Here's the specs from my wife's comp:

AMD 64 3500+

Motherboard: M2NPV-VM

1 Gig DDR2 memory

On-board GE-FORCE 6 Graphics card

SoundMAX ADI AD1986A 5.1 channel CODEC

Windows XP Home Edition

Here's the specs on mine:

AMD 64 X2 4200+

1 Gig DDR2 dual memory

Windows 2000

I changed my sound card to 'Creative Labs Sound Blaster Audigy SE 7.1, OEM ', there was no difference.

I did a test on my memory and CPU. I ran a benchmark on the computer. I checked windows for errors. I checked the registry for errors. Everything is okay.

But it still crashes.

The previous version works, but the newest version is crashing.... HELP

Any feedback would be appreciated.

Thanks

Jan,

Welcome to the Forum.

What version of PTE causes the problem? If version 5, which beta?

Any difference in the programs you might be running on the two computers? Anti-virus, email, etc.?

Jan,

Welcome to the Forum.

What version of PTE causes the problem? If version 5, which beta?

Any difference in the programs you might be running on the two computers? Anti-virus, email, etc.?

Hi Al,

Thanks for quick response.

I am using Version 5, beta 6. We have same anti-virus (AFG), anti-spy (Ewido) software on both computers. On my computer I have Thunderbird email software and ColorVision Spyder2Pro for monitor color profiling.

I can run only puzzle PTE test (demo) without the problem.

I will appreciate your help.

Jan

My wife and I have almost identical computers. When I run a presentation on her computer it runs fine. When I run it on mine it crashes after a few seconds. There is no error, it just closes.

I have ruled out any erros in the presentation I made because the ones I download crash too.

Here's the specs from my wife's comp:

AMD 64 3500+

1 Gig DDR2 memory

Windows XP Home Edition

Here's the specs on mine:

AMD 64 X2 4200+

1 Gig DDR2 dual memory

Windows 2000

I changed my sound card to 'Creative Labs Sound Blaster Audigy SE 7.1, OEM ', there was no difference.

I did a test on my memory and CPU. I ran a benchmark on the computer. I checked windows for errors. I checked the registry for errors. Everything is okay.

But it still crashes.

The previous version works, but the newest version is crashing.... HELP

Any feedback would be appreciated.

Thanks

I have seen this same problem with Windows 2000, in fact one of my best friends has two computers with Windows 2000 each with different processors, different memory and different video cards and my executable slideshows will not run on either of them so I think something in the setup of Windows 2000 is possibly causing the problem. The symptoms are identical, the executables simply will not run.

I gave up trying to figure it out but maybe if we figure out why it won't work on yours we can avoid this issue in the future on "some" other Windows 2000 systems.... It works fine on most...

Best regards,

Lin

Jan,

1) Please try to install latest drivers for your Geforce 6 video card on your computer and install latest DirectX 9.0c

2) If it will not help, try to create slide show without music at all and test how it will work now.

Hello!

I already have latest drivers for Geforce 6 video card and latest DirectX 9.0c

installed on my computer.

I can run a slide show without music with all new featues like "panorama", "zoom", "multilayers" without any problems. If presentation includes sound, it is crushing.

Do you have idea what the problem is?

Jan