WnSoft Forums

Bugs in Beta 5 #6 and #7

phototales

In the next beta #8 slide show and editor will work on any video card (but slowely without hardware accelleration).

There is an unpleasant problem on Matrox G400/450/500 cards. In latest drivers they just don't support several main functions of DirectX and because of this slide show and editor can't use hardware accelleration on your system. But old drivers dated by 2002 works fine.

It's a exceptionally strange thing that I didn't expect from Matrox and they also ignored our letter.

Having used 4.48 successfully for several months, I took a look at the 2 new beta versions and tried to generate an old style slideshow with them. I have the Matrox Millenium G450 Dual Head display on one computer and this will not work either with preview, or to display an exe file. The music will play, but nothing will show on the screen. (Only fade in fade out effects were used.) On a computer with a more recent video card, the show works fine.

I normally set comments for all slides as picture name. I can't get the picture name to appear at all.

thanks.