WnSoft Forums

Someone please help i've been at this for over 1 week now

crisshrew

Please can anybody help, I have been trying to burn a video file onto disk for over a week and I am ready to give up now. The problem is that when I preview the film before I burn it onto dvd+rw the quality of the picture is really bad. I have watched the film on my pc and the quality is perfect but when I preview it through nero startsmart it's terrible (its not a snowy quality but the picture is jumpy and slow and extra colours, sorry it is so difficult to explain the quality). I am very new to this so if anybody can help can you explain in an idiot proof way. Thank you

Crissy

Guest Techman1

Crissy,

Welcome to the forum. As Ken suggests, just burn it to your DVD RW disc. You can always burn over it again (and again) if it doesn't look great on your DVD player.

Some of the software when viewing your DVD stream prior to the actual burn doesn't look that great. It is primarily just showing you a draft of what you might expect. Ulead is like this and their preview (at least the versions I have seen) look very poor, but the final product looks very good on a standalone DVD player.

Just give it a try and see what it looks like. If you have problems then, please do as Ken suggests and I'm sure someone can help you through this. It can be frustrating the first few times until you develop the method that works best for you and the software/hardware you have.

The new PTE 5 Deluxe version will greatly help everyone wanting to create DVD's as their final production. Until that is released as a final product, you will have to continue with what you have or try the beta 7 version and create an Mpeg2 file, then burn that to a DVD (this seems to work, or at least it did for me).

Good luck and let us know your results.

Fred