WnSoft Forums

saving avi file

ray thurgood

Is there a way in which I can use these files to burn a DVD directly and will I have lost my audio?

Peter,

I have been successful in creating the two video folders with their files on the HD and then simply copying them over intact to a DVD. No loss of audio, even though its folder is empty. However, as Igor mentioned in another thread, this is not advisable as it does not always work for every DVD player (particularly the older ones).

Ken, Al,

Thanks again for your suggestions. I have learned a little about DVDs in the last week or so. If you glance at the thread on DVD woes you will see I have been running several tests. One of my initial confusions was that I did not appreciate that the VOB file was an mpeg2 file. I sometimes wonder if the people who invent all these names set out to deliberately confuse us. It's really good to see how those in the know are prepared to help others through this forum.

I now have quite a collection of potential coasters but having followed some earlier advice a good number are reusable as they were done with RW discs.

Thanks again

Peter