WnSoft Forums

AVI question

rtlong

Can I not just save a project as an AVI? I don't want to burn a DVD or VCD, I just want an AVI. Is this possible or not? Also, my project is 550x550 jpgs and the exe works just fine; however, when I preview the avi it's size is distorted and the slideshow no longer matches the music file. What am I doing wrong?

Can I not just save a project as an AVI? I don't want to burn a DVD or VCD, I just want an AVI. Is this possible or not? Also, my project is 550x550 jpgs and the exe works just fine; however, when I preview the avi it's size is distorted and the slideshow no longer matches the music file. What am I doing wrong?

Robert,

Welcome to the Forum.

Yes, you can save as an AVI - there are options on the "video" menu to let you do this. Try different codecs, as some work better than others.

Re the distortion, are you using v.5, beta 7? There are still some problems with the video sizing and/or aspect ratios with this beta, particularly for wide-screen productions. (see the various posts on the forum).

Robert,

Welcome to the Forum.

Yes, you can save as an AVI - there are options on the "video" menu to let you do this. Try different codecs, as some work better than others.

Re the distortion, are you using v.5, beta 7? There are still some problems with the video sizing and/or aspect ratios with this beta, particularly for wide-screen productions. (see the various posts on the forum).

Thanks for the welcome. I am running v4.48 (just upgraded today from v4.01) and I am still VERY NOT IMPRESSED! While I am fully prepared to admit I am at fault, I have worked ALL day trying to get a faithful reproduction of the exe file as an AVI but it just will not produce one! I figured out how to get an AVI file, but no matter what codec I use the AVI is different from the exe file. It is 94 frames and lastes 47 sec (the exe file) but the AVI is only 33 sec no matter what I do. The frames are displayed too fast even if I change the transition time.

I have always sung the praises of this piece of software but this video addition (which I would love!) doesn’t seem to work very well.

Or, if it is an un-synched show, try making a synched show. :) The only ones I have ever converted to AVI's have been synched. You might normally see a slight difference in the AVI time, but not as much as you are experiencing.

Also, do you have very short times between some of the transitions? Try a short "normal" show as a test (several seconds between slides, and default times for transitions). If it is a synched show, you might also check the timeline for any transitions which overlap with the next slide.

As an alternative, try creating an AVI from PTE using another program such as Nero "Vision Express" or Adobe "Premiere"Elements" to see if there is any difference in the result.

What type of music are you using? "mp3's" work best for me. Also, try a different piece of music, to see if that makes a difference.