WnSoft Forums

Cinerama Effect

Conflow

post-1416-1164242592_thumb.jpgCinerama Effect

Following on the topic 'Preparing Slides for Photoshow' here is an effect I have been using for some years.

With acknowledgements to the late great "Mike Todd" the inventor of Cinerama, the effect is very easy to

achieve and if deftly handled it can give great 'width & depth' perspective to an otherwise static Photo.

It works best with a 3:2 aspect ratio (1024x682 pixel) and can be generated by virtually any Graphics Program capable of constructing a 'solid filled elipse' ~ Photoshop not necessary, but better results.

In the example the two ½ Elipses were generated in 'PhotoFiltre' as 2 solid elipsii whose ends were dragged

to 'Full-Screen' width and and then pushed off Screen top and bottom to give each ½ solid elipse, then saved.

The 1024x682 format was also created by 'PhotoFiltre' which in PTE Full-Screen mode gives no border effects.

The photo was taken a short while ago on the Rhine with a cheap 'Canon BF-7 Wideangle Snapper' using

FujiFilm 200, I had left my own Camera in the Hotel ~ just shows what can be achieved with the most mundane Camera which goes to prove that PTE for beginners can be truly creative ~ just use your imagination.

You may need to experiment with your Screen Size and low-lighting for best results.

(Should you wish to see a Full-Screen copy just send an EMail).

Brian.Conflow

(example below)