WnSoft Forums

mp3 soundtrack editing

lordvader

Hi you guys

I'm pretty new at this slideshow presentation game, so bear with me. I've made a few nice presentations

but they've been pretty laborious mainly because I like to use music tracks to accompany each photo group.

Is there a way to blend one sound file into the next one? The other problem I have is finding a way to preview

the slideshow from a point well into the show, it always goes to the start. Is there a way?

Thanks in antisipation-

stan (www.stankearey.net)

Hi Stan - Welcome to the forum.

To answer your one question.

The other problem I have is finding a way to preview

the slideshow from a point well into the show, it always goes to the start. Is there a way?

Couple of screen shots - just click on thumbnail, 2 different versions 4.48 & 5 Beta

The preview will start 1 slide before the one you choose.

Version 4.48

post-14-1164734692_thumb.jpg

-------------------------------------------------------------

Version 5

post-14-1164734758_thumb.jpg

Version 5 - Objects and Animation screen

post-14-1164734837_thumb.jpg

I welcome you me too, Stan! I'm glad to know a new member of our community!

As to your first question (about the blending sounds), there is not a specific tool in PTE, but it's very simple to edit two or more sounds with a suitable software. Many of us use "Audacity", a free audio editor very simple to use and very powerful. Here you can find excellent helps and tutorials about it.

Hi Ralph

thanks for the warm welcome. Thanks for the information re previewing the slides - I had hoped that preview would take up the sound track from the same point but presumably this is impossible??? If you have any further suggestions, they would be most welcome

Sorry for the delay in reply - I have been out of commission for a few days.Many thanks

Stan

Hi Guido

Thank you too for the warm welcome and your suggestion regarding Audacity. I have downloaded it and look forward to trying it out. Many thanks - sorry for the delay in replying, but as I said to Ralph I have been out of commision for a few days.

Stan