WnSoft Forums

Buttons

jandra

Help!!! I am creating a cd that contains two different slide shows, a website link and an exit button. (all buttons) the exit and website link button work, but the slide show buttons only work when the cd is in the computer that created the slideshows. I am wondering how to get the button to direct to the exe file on the cd, and not on my desktop where the file was originally created.

jandra

Jandra,

Along with the exe file you are trying to start, you probably have included the path spec, and since the show was created on your pc, it can still find the file in it's folder, even from the CD, when used on the same pc. However, if you move that cd to a different pc, the path name no longer applies.

The best way to reference the CD files is to eliminate the path spec for each exe file, and refer to each by the file name only. Then be sure to include the exe files in the same folder (preferably the root of the CD) as the main introduction file.

Hope this makes sense! Good luck!

Help!!! I am creating a cd that contains two different slide shows, a website link and an exit button. (all buttons) the exit and website link button work, but the slide show buttons only work when the cd is in the computer that created the slideshows. I am wondering how to get the button to direct to the exe file on the cd, and not on my desktop where the file was originally created.

jandra

To put this into laymen's language ;-)

Just put both executables, the menu and all files on the root of the CD (don't use any folders) the call the executable by name with no path.....

For example, let's say you have myslideshow.exe and yourslideshow.exe - the the command for the button becomes:

Button 1 = myslideshow

Button 2 = yourslideshow

Lin