WnSoft Forums

Errors in PTE 4.45 and 4.48

Heather Forcier

I offer PTE for sale via our website, www.NatureScapes.Net, and as a long-time user of the program try to offer as much support as I can. Today I received an email from a customer who got numerous errors when creating a slideshow in ver. 4.45, with the same errors even after upgrade to ver. 4.48. This is a list of the errors:

Exception E Access Violation in module Bosque del Apache at03-05-06-music-295sl.exe at 0006AC45 Access violation at address 0046AC45 in module 'Bosque del Apache 03-05-06-music-295sl.exe'

Read od address CD640AEC

I have not heard of these and was hoping someone could provide some insight here. I cannot simulate the errors myself. Thanks.

Hi Heather,

It sounds as if this may possibly be related to the music. Ask your customer to temporarily remove the music and re-create the executable and see if it works correctly. If the music isn't MP3 I would suggest converting it.

In either event, it would be a good idea to have them come to the forum and possibly read the threads with similar issues (not too many) and maybe zip up the executable and send it to Igor if it doesn't turn out to be a music issue. Either way please let us know...

Best regards,

Lin

Hi Heather,

It sounds as if this may possibly be related to the music. Ask your customer to temporarily remove the music and re-create the executable and see if it works correctly. If the music isn't MP3 I would suggest converting it.

In either event, it would be a good idea to have them come to the forum and possibly read the threads with similar issues (not too many) and maybe zip up the executable and send it to Igor if it doesn't turn out to be a music issue. Either way please let us know...

Best regards,

Lin

It turns out that it was indeed the music. Apparently the CD that I had purchased and used for the music must have had some sort of protect device that prevented its being used for any other program. When I used other music the program functioned just fine. I guess the words "access violation" should have been the tipoff.

josephm

It turns out that it was indeed the music. Apparently the CD that I had purchased and used for the music must have had some sort of protect device that prevented its being used for any other program. When I used other music the program functioned just fine. I guess the words "access violation" should have been the tipoff.

josephm

Hi Joseph,

I'm glad it's resolved for you. It's sometimes difficult to be sure from the error codes, but music can sometimes be the culprit as in your case.

If you email me at:

data2@lpbroadband.net

I can perhaps suggest something which will allow you to use the music which didn't work.

Best regards,

Lin