WnSoft Forums

TEMPLATES

JEB

Firstly,

Seasons greatings to all.

It is my understanding that the "Format" feature gathers copies of the resourses (images, audio etc) used in a particular PTE AV into one central location, which presumably I can specify. Is this correct?

If I am correct, does this mean that if at any time in the future I wish to re-edit or re work this AV these images will be gathered into the "new project" from their new location rather than their original location?

Why I ask is that I am just about to finish a very large project in which images and audio have been used that exist on various drives (internal and external) and which will inevitably be moved at some time in the future hence making a re-edit difficult to say the least!

Assurance would make a wonderful Christmas present!!

John

Hi John

Happy Christmas!

Yes save your project as a template and you can move it around.

There are three file formats when you save with PTE .....

pte file is when you save your project and the files (previously) had to stay exactly where you first used them.

exe files are the finished executeable file which can then be moved to view the show on other computers (but not Macs) and these cannot be edited and revamped.

Then we have pt files which are the template files & initially saved by default to the PTE program folder but you can change the location of this folder if you go to file/Templates/ manage templates/ choose the location you wish to use.

Save your working version of your slideshow as File/ Templates/create template from this show/

When I have saved my templates I usually make a spare copy of this folder in another location, which is the one I use to then put a working version onto a pen drive to edit the working sequence on my laptop or wherever.

Hope this is clear enough and helps.

BW Maureen :D