WnSoft Forums

Making a DVD out of PTE executables

jongru4

:lol: Hello All,

I have so many pte slideshows, well done, and wonder does anyone know if there is a dvd program that will let use build or author the menus that are used to transcode the pte slideshow executable files and then enable me to run them off a menu button????jongru

PTE "Video Builder", Pinnacle "Studio 8+", Adobe "Premiere Elements", and other video programs will all let you customize a menu that will let you select one of a number of shows to run, but you have to render your pte project files to video format.

Although I have never tried it, apparently you can also customize your own menus in Adobe "Photoshop Elements", and to some extent in "Photoshop" itself.

Please explain what you mean by "menus that are used to transcode the pte slideshow executable files ".

In PTE v 4.48 you can also create an "Intro" show with buttons to select any one of many other shows and put them all on a DVD for running in a pc. There are many examples of this and instructions for doing so referenced on the Forum and also available on Beechbrook.

PTE "Video Builder", Pinnacle "Studio 8+", Adobe "Premiere Elements", and other video programs will all let you customize a menu that will let you select one of a number of shows to run, but you have to render your pte project files to video format.

Although I have never tried it, apparently you can also customize your own menus in Adobe "Photoshop Elements", and to some extent in "Photoshop" itself.

Please explain what you mean by "menus that are used to transcode the pte slideshow executable files ".

In PTE v 4.48 you can also create an "Intro" show with buttons to select any one of many other shows and put them all on a DVD for running in a pc. There are many examples of this and instructions for doing so referenced on the Forum and also available on Beechbrook.

Hi Al,

Thanks for the info. The "...menus used to trascode..." is a misnomer. Menus do not transcode, they use transcoded audio, video, or other.....I don't think I can do what I asked about. No matter what authoring manner or program I use I believe I will have to use transcoded mpg or wmv files which meand I most likely need to do that prior to using the authoring software. I could use the avi feature of p2e but I have found the clarity is not as clear as the dVDit process of creating a dvd....thanks, jongru