WnSoft Forums

Customize Slide Audio V5 Beta

JEB

Hi Folks,

Happy New Year when it comes.

I know that the facility to attach audio to specific slides is not yet available on V5 as it was on V4.

I have been using V5 in its various stages for some time now and appear to have lost V4 along the way so I can’t do my research on that. On the assumption that when this facility is re-activated on V5 will it operate in the same manner as V4? Can somebody please confirm that my understanding of its limitations are correct – (a or b?)

(A) Music (AUDIO) inserted under the Customize Slide Tab will only play for the duration of that slide within the show.

(B) Music inserted under the Customize Slide Tab will play for its entire length even if that slide is replaced by subsequent slides in the show before it comes to its end.

Additionally I assume that “Customized Slide” audio will play over “Project Options” audio thus providing a “crude” mixing facility.

I am familiar with Audition and Audacity for mixing tracks but am just looking at what other options may be available for a project I have in mind for the future.

Thanks in anticipation.

John

I have been using V5 in its various stages for some time now and appear to have lost V4 along the way so I can't do my research on that. On the assumption that when this facility is re-activated on V5 will it operate in the same manner as V4? Can somebody please confirm that my understanding of its limitations are correct – (a or b?)

John,

It is my understanding that Igor will provide the full capability of v.4 along with v.5 when it is released.

(A) Music (AUDIO) inserted under the Customize Slide Tab will only play for the duration of that slide within the show.

This is not the case now - it will play until replaced by sound or music on a following slide, regardless of the slide duration.

( B) Music inserted under the Customize Slide Tab will play for its entire length even if that slide is replaced by subsequent slides in the show before it comes to its end.

This is the way it works now in v.4. But music over-dubbed using the "sound comment" line in the main window will only play for the duration of the slide unless "Don't interrupt sound comment when next slide appears" is checked in ProjOps/Music.

Additionally I assume that "Customized Slide" audio will play over "Project Options" audio thus providing a "crude" mixing facility.

Customize slide audio will NOT play over Project Options audio - if you want sound to play over Proj Ops audio, you have to use the "sound comment" line.