WnSoft Forums

DVD

Dennis Lumkin

I find that the PTE5 DVD builder is easy to use, has little or no flicker and delivers much clearer pictures than Movie Factory 4. However DVD's rendered with PTE5 will only play on my PC & my "Alba" domestic DVD player, but not my "Samsung". DVD's rendered with MF4 will play on any machine. A thought that the Alba machine is multi regional whilst the "Samsung" is region 2 only. Could a bug fix be needed in this area?

I have a similar problem as this with DVD created with beta 8r where my toshiba DVD player says that the disc is not PAL DVD even though all the settings for DVD in PTE5 b8r were for PAL output. Disc plays with no problem on a panasonic DVD player.

Geoff

I have a similar problem as this with DVD created with beta 8r where my toshiba DVD player says that the disc is not PAL DVD even though all the settings for DVD in PTE5 b8r were for PAL output. Disc plays with no problem on a panasonic DVD player.

Geoff

Geoff, glad I'm not the only one with this problem. Ive posted this on to Igor in the tech help coloumn in the hope that any bug fixes can be carried out B4 the final release of PTE5.

Dennis

Geoff

I am not very experienced with video formats. However I have just created a DVD disk using the Version 5 , Beta 8r "Video2 function. Created DVD files for PAL with all other settings left at their default values. I chose not to burn the disc directly but to create the DVD files in a temporary directory. Procedure produces 7 files, 4 VTS_01 files and 3 Video_TS files. I then used Nero 6 to burn these files onto a DVD-RW disc. The resultant disc plays on both a Samsung DVD-R125 recorder/player and a Panasonic DVD-RV32 player. The quality on a 28 inch LCD HD ready TV is fantastic.

Jeff