WnSoft Forums

Create Ellipse on PTE v5

Boogie

I followed JPD's excellent 'Ellipse' Tutorial on TheDom's Sharing place showing how to create an ellipse with a 'planet' travelling elliptically around a cental 'planet'.

I am now trying to get 5 'planets' rotating around a central 'planet' on the same elliptical path.

I thought it would be simply an extension of the demo, but after lots of trying - I am seeing 'Stars'!!!

I can get 5 'planets' on different paths, but not the same path.

Can anyone help me with the above before I go into orbit myself!!

Boogie

You just have to change the value of start and finish angles on the hight level object (for instance substract 30°) and to change with the same inverted value on the lowest level object, that's all, the object will run on the same orbit but at another place. Look at the slide 7 of the exemple "Ellipse" 21/08/06 on my page, there are two objects on each ellipses.

If you add 180° on the first level (at beginning and end) and substract 180° at the lowest object's level, the new object will be exactly in opposition with the same without modification.

You just have to change the value of start and finish angles on the hight level object (for instance substract 30°) and to change with the same inverted value on the lowest level object, that's all, the object will run on the same orbit but at another place. Look at the slide 7 of the exemple "Ellipse" 21/08/06 on my page, there are two objects on each ellipses.

If you add 180° on the first level (at beginning and end) and substract 180° at the lowest object's level, the new object will be exactly in opposition with the same without modification.

Jean-Pierre - Many thanks for that information. It is just what I wanted. Your slide No. 7 showed me how.

You are a 'Star'!!! Your help on the forum for this and previous demos is greatly appreciated.

Regards

Boogie

You just have to change the value of start and finish angles on the hight level object (for instance substract 30°) and to change with the same inverted value on the lowest level object, that's all, the object will run on the same orbit but at another place. .

Hi Jean-Pierre

I am still in some trouble.

With your notes, I can get 2 Electrons to trace the same ellipse as your Slide 7, but if I change the values of 1 of the electrons as your note, the angle of that ellipse changes too.

I want to have 1 ellipse ( say at 0 degrees) with the 5 electrons spaced evenly around that ellipse and all 5 to rotate around the 1 ellipse. (3 electrons will prove the settings).

Hope you can help.

Regards

Boogie

Sorry, I have forget the good explanation.

Look at the third slide of the exemple.

The blue rectangle is this which give the number of ellipses.

If you start at 0 to go at 3600 you will have ten times the ellipse.

The red rectangle must have twice the negative value of the blue one

so you will start from 0 and go to -7200

If you want to start at the opposite, the blue one will from 0+180=3780 and its end at 3600+180=3780

and the red one will start 180 x -2 = -360 and finih at 3780 x - 2 = -7560

If you want to start at 90° replace 180 by 90, if you want to start at 330° replace 180 by 330 (or -30, it's the same thing).

If you do which is above, the ellipse will be horizontal.

If you want to have it vertical (-90°), add 90 x 2 = 180 at the values (beginning and end) of the red rectangle, if you want it start at -45° add 45 x 2 =90 at the 2 values.

If you want to have several objets on the same orbit, they must start at differents degres so you will add for instance 0 on the blue values of the first one, 72 for the second, 144 for the third one, 216 for the fourth one and 288 for the last one, and on the red one, 0, -144, -288, - 432 and -576, they will be at the same distance each from other.

If you don't give any value to the electron, it will have always the same part looking to the center

If you want it is always in the same direction, put a value equal at the negatine sum of the red and blue rectangle

For the first exemple above it would be -3780. You can add at this value a constant value if you want to change the direction were is lookng the electron.

I hope it's clear for you, because it's very difficult for me to explain in english.