WnSoft Forums

Burning problem

garic

Thank you for helping me to get this far. Now I'm having problems burning the slideshow I created onto DVD. The show is shown in the WnSoft Video Builder to be 4.28GB (~800 pictures, 1 hour and 20 mins slideshow separated into 10 chapters - separate pte slideshows). Here are the creation logs:

21:04:47 - Start

21:04:47 - Converting to MPEG2: C:\alaska\DVD\day01.pte

21:10.34 - File multiplexing: C:\Documents and Settings\garic\Local Settings\Temp\0.mpg

21:04:47 - Converting to MPEG2: C:\alaska\DVD\day09.pte

21:10.34 - File multiplexing: C:\Documents and Settings\garic\Local Settings\Temp\8.mpg

02:03:18 - Converting menu to MPEG2

02:04:19 - VOB files multiplexing (It may take several minutes)

02:17:31 - DVD disc checking

02:17:32 - Burning start

02:20:11 - Deleting of temporary files

02:20:11 - Finished

Elapsed time shown on the WnSoft Video Builder is 00:02:39

Remaining time: 00:00:00 100%

The cancel button is gray out, the only way to close the builder is to go to file->exit or clicking the X (or double click on the icon on the upper left). Although it say burning start and finished in less than 3 mins, I didn't get any error messages. The elapsed time from starting is roughly 5 hours and 10 mins. The DVD disc was unsable after this.

Next I tried creating an ISO image (taking roughly 5 hours to create the ISO too) with the burn option checked. The status is very similar to above. The burning time is just a few minutes with an unsuable disc. When trying to burn the ISO image in Nero Express, I get an error there that the file is too large to burn.

I then reduced the slideshow duration by 2 minutes then tried creating creating DVD folders. After creating the folder, I successfully burned a video DVD via Nero Express. When playing back on an Apex (bought several years ago) DVD player, it played back flawlessly except for one problem. The second chapter (built from pte show) was blank through the entire DVD playback. I can hear music but there are no pictures.

Any clues on how to fix this?

Thanks again.

Warmest regards,

-Garic

Garic,

This should probably be under the How to Create Video thread. You will see that several members have been experimenting with this for a long time going back to earlier non beta versions. They have provided a lot of useful information in this thread. I found that only one type of DVD worked for me. Igor has been helping and I have just run a series of tests using a burning utility he supplied. You can see the results under More DVD woes in the above mentioned thread. I now have three types working! You might also like to run some of your own tests with a much smaller show.

Good luck.

Peter

The second chapter (built from pte show) was blank through the entire DVD playback. I can hear music but there are no pictures.

Any clues on how to fix this?

Garic,

What is the total time in PTE? Are your images very large? What type of music are you using? It's possible that the total time is a bit too much for the DVD.

I would try burning the second chapter by itself, and experimenting with different options, both in VB and in PTE (maybe select different music, change the picture and transition times, etc.) to see if this changes anything.

Garic,

What is the total time in PTE? Are your images very large? What type of music are you using? It's possible that the total time is a bit too much for the DVD.

I would try burning the second chapter by itself, and experimenting with different options, both in VB and in PTE (maybe select different music, change the picture and transition times, etc.) to see if this changes anything.

Thanks Al.

The total time in PTE is around 1 hour and 15 minutes. I think after conversion to a fixed MPEG2 movie, the sizing of the images do not matter as they are compressed shrunk to fit the size of the video. All the music are MP3s. The total time is perfect when I created DVD folders and then using Nero to burn them to DVD. The only problem is with chapter 2 having no pictures, but works when I create executable. I'll experiment with recreating the DVD folders and with burning the second chapter.

Muchos gracias for yours and Peter's feedback above! I'll check out the other threads.

Warmest regards,

Garic

Garic

"The only problem is with chapter 2 having no pictures, but works when I create executable."

--this is a symptom of closing the pte program before an avi has been made or trying to use a saved avi file -- the exe is a completed file -- many of us have been burned with the idea that the temporary avi is complete, but if you are trying to add the pte to the video builder and it has access to all the components of the show - pictures as well as music, then you have me baffled

is it possible to supply us with some screen shots of the dvd builder?

have you tried just making a dvd with chapter 2?

ken