WnSoft Forums

Flapping Bird Wings

Tomuk

Hi! All,

It's that annoying Limy from Liverpool with another question.

How fast can you make a bids wing flap? (I am looking for a Hummingbird effect).

I have made an attempt but I have only one way of getting my project file on the Air and that is to use Dropload and for that I need an e-mail address to send the link to.

As I would particularly like….JPD, The Hawk, Lin Evans, Al Robinson and Ken Cox to comment and not forgetting Igor of course, I would be very grateful if one or more of those would volunteer to receive the file and if possible post it on the forum so others can join in on any learning points.

Looking foreword to any replies.

Tom.

Tom

put the show up to the cottage as a DEMO -- it will be there for a month

when you upload to sendspace , dropload yousendit etc it is only there for 7 days

dont know how Bill will feel about this but you can ask him re sending a zip file of "pieces" of your show -- not a completed show -- you would make the zip using the zip function of v5

just an idea

ken

Tom

put the show up to the cottage as a DEMO -- it will be there for a month

when you upload to sendspace , dropload yousendit etc it is only there for 7 days

just an idea

ken

Ken,

Thanks for the idea, it's not a mini show I want to upload but a P2e project file, I don't think Bill would be to please if we started to use his great site as a post box for files to be collected by others.

I thought of The Dom's site but I believe he will only host links or am I wrong?.

I think my way forward is to get myself an ISP with enough room alocated for me to host my own files as others on the forum do, as of yet I dont know much about web sites I will have to reserch it.

Tom.

Tom.

I thought of The Dom's site but I believe he will only host links or am I wrong?.

Tom,

No problem at all, you can send it to me by mail or use dropload, I would be glad to host your project. :)

A collaborative work is a perfect way to try to achieve what you want.

Here is Tom's project :

Tomuk-FlappingBird-Small.jpg

[click on the image to directly access the download page]

Btw, if you are a registered member of my website and if your file is less than 2 Mb, you just have to log in and you can upload your project by yourself.

There is a upload link ( this button : icon_pa_upload.gif ) on the main page, here.

Hi

I also received the file from Tom and I uploaded it earlier

so you can also download it here too.

Hadn't realised that Dom had also put it on his site.

No problem :)

Best wishes

Maureen

Btw, if you are a registered member of my website and if your file is less than 2 Mb, you just have to log in and you can upload your project by yourself.

There is a upload link ( this button : icon_pa_upload.gif ) on the main page, here.

Hi! Dom,

Thanks for hosting my project,others will now have access and hopefully come up with some good ideas for improvement.

Tom.

you can also download it here too.
I downloaded it.

I have just to say the same thing that I put in the help of the second file I did for helicopter, you don't need to have so big picture for the bird and wing with the same quality (maybe better).

With a 118 x 118 size picture for the bird and 97 x 42 for the wings are enough to have exactly the same result.

You can put this two objects that you first reduce of 39% and cut the transparents parts as children of the background in original mode. It's lighter for graphic memory (about 1.6Mb) and mainly for calculation, so it's smoother.

It's possible to have only 80ms between keypoints, for lower values it begins to have problem on my PC.

I downloaded it.

I have just to say the same thing that I put in the help of the second file I did for helicopter, you don't need to have so big picture for the bird and wing with the same quality (maybe better).

With a 118 x 118 size picture for the bird and 97 x 42 for the wings are enough to have exactly the same result.

You can put this two objects that you first reduce of 39% and cut the transparents parts as children of the background in original mode. It's lighter for graphic memory (about 1.6Mb) and mainly for calculation, so it's smoother.

It's possible to have only 80ms between keypoints, for lower values it begins to have problem on my PC.

Great comments Jean-Pierre,

I must remember to keep file sizes to the minimum as you suggest, 80ms between key points is a good speed but I don't think it's fast enough for hummingbird wings. But what the hell, it’s fast enough for most requirements.

Tom.