WnSoft Forums

Quicky losing HD space

womby

Hi,

I'm new to this, so bear with me. I have a hard drive that is 150GB. I have Win TV 2000 card that allows me to watch TV on the PC. I am using it's record feature to record some of my daughters favorite cartoon episodes. Each one comes out to about a 1.5 GB MPEG and they automatically go to the My Videos folder. This folder has 56 files and is currently at 74.1 GB. I'm using Ulead DVD Movie Factory 3 SE to make dvds, and each time I make a 3 episode DVD, I save the project (in case I might want to edit it later, or make another DVD) which go into the Ulead 3.0 folder inside of which is a folder named DMF_Temp, inside of which is a folder named Convert is now at 50.7 GB. What I want to know is, are the files saved in the My Videos folder, part of what makes up the Ulead/DMF_Temp/Convert folder? I want to free up some space, but don't know if I should delete all those MPEG's in My Videos, or all those files in the Convert folder, for fear of losing the important stuff. My wife thinks I'm crazy, she says I should just make 2 copies of each DVD and put 1 away incase our daughter loses/scratches/destroys the original before her younger siblings are old enough to enjoy/watch them. Can anyone help me?