WnSoft Forums

Project Files

coecolin

Hello all,

This is my first message to the Forum, although I have been a member for a few years. I have been using PTE since Version 3.20 and have updated everytime an update has been made available.

I have a problem when trying to open some of my sequences that perhaps have been made a year or so ago and have been left on my hard drive. The message I get is as follows. ''Project files created with Pictures to Exe V1.00 - 1.60 are not supported now''. this also happened to a file I downloaded from this site yesterday. I just wondered if anybody else has had this problem and if so is there a way to get over it. I must say that I do enjoy this site as the hints, tips and tutorials are really helpfull.

Regards,

coecolin.

Hi coecolin,

If you try to open with v4.48 a .pte file made with v5 or if you double click on a .pte file and have v5 installed, that's the message you get.

If you want to open a PTE project (made with v4.xx or v5), you have to launch PTE V5 first, and then within PTE click on "File" then "Open..." to open a .pte file (v4.xx or v5).

If you have any problem opening an "old" (v4.xx) project with v5 (maybe not fully compatible with v5 if you set objects in the objects editor - see http://www.picturestoexe.com/forums/index....showtopic=5886), I recommend you to open them wih v4.48 following the same procedure.

Hope it helps. :)

PS: if you want to see what is not functionnal yet in v5 (compared with v4.48), see http://www.picturestoexe.com/forums/index....ost&p=32593.

With beta 9 which should avalaible soon, a lot of those features should be functionnal again. B)

Hello all,

This is my first message to the Forum, although I have been a member for a few years. I have been using PTE since Version 3.20 and have updated everytime an update has been made available.

I have a problem when trying to open some of my sequences that perhaps have been made a year or so ago and have been left on my hard drive. The message I get is as follows. ''Project files created with Pictures to Exe V1.00 - 1.60 are not supported now''. this also happened to a file I downloaded from this site yesterday. I just wondered if anybody else has had this problem and if so is there a way to get over it. I must say that I do enjoy this site as the hints, tips and tutorials are really helpfull.

Regards,

coecolin.

Hi DoM

Thank you, I have tried that and they all work OK.

Regards Colin