WnSoft Forums

Help please with Picutres to Exe 5 Beta

orkisz

I have a problem with Pictures to Exe 5 Beta. Version 4 works okay for me.

Anyway, here is my problem...

I select Pictures to Exe 5, select, say, 3 slides from the left hand panel and drag them to the area at the bottom of the screen. Set 'Interval for new slide' to 4 seconds and click OK. I then click on the 'Preview' button. The 3 selected slides are not displayed, but the status bar at the bottom of the screen displays

Modified | exe file 397KB | Running Preview

Whilst 'Running Preview' is displayed, the screen is still displaying the initial screen display and is locked up for the duration of the preview sequence. The length of time 'Running Preview' is displayed is always equal to the number of slides selected times the 'Interval for New Slides' in seconds. So 3 slides would be 12 seconds if the interval time is 4 seconds.

The application is behaving as if I have a secondary screen, which I don't have.

When selecting 'Objects and Animation', the selected slide is diplayed, I can select the range of zoom etc but clicking on 'Play' does nothing.

My PC is a Dell Optiplex GX150 with 512MB memory.

Has anyone encountered this problem?

Regards

Jan :(

Jan,

Welcome to the Forum!

Re the O&A "play" preview, you need to create a second keypoint by highlighting the keypoint rectangle, clicking on the "+" button, and then changing the properties for it, by highlighting it, selecting the "animation" tab, and either entering different values in the text boxes provided, or moving or zooming or rotating the image by clicking and dragging with the mouse. You can drag the second keypoint over to the end of the timeline to spread the effect over the entire image duration. See example below.

post-215-1172325736_thumb.jpg

Guest Techman1

Jan,

Another welcome to the forum! :D

Do you have a video card with at least 32mb (or greater) of video ram installed in this PC? Are you able to play some of the samples from version 5 on this PC? Are you using JPG files for your slides?

Please advise as this will help us isolate the problem you are having.

Regards,

Fred

Jan,

Another welcome to the forum! :D

Do you have a video card with at least 32mb (or greater) of video ram installed in this PC? Are you able to play some of the samples from version 5 on this PC? Are you using JPG files for your slides?

Please advise as this will help us isolate the problem you are having.

Regards,

Fred

Hi Jan and welcome to the forums!

Just so I'm clear - are you dragging the slides to what is labeled the "Slide List"? You want to put them in the slide list rather than somewhere else. I may be interpreting what you mean incorrectly but what you can do instead of drag a file just to be certain it's going to the right place is simply double click on a single file at a time and repeat your test. As mentioned previously also be sure you add a second keypoint in the Objects and Animations screen to iniate any animations you may make.

All animations happen between keypoints so there must be a start and ending point. For example, if you want to zoom in on an image then place a keypoint where you want this zoom to begin and another where you want it to end. In the case where you want it to start at the beginning of the slides appearance you just leave the initial keypoint and place another where you want the zoom to end. Then click on the second keypoint, zoom the picture and the animation will begin immediately and take place over the time on the timeline between the keypoints. If you choose to have a transparency change then remember that it will start at the timeline of the first keypoint and continue until the next keypoint which gives the amount of change. So, for example, if you want an image to change in opacity from 100% to 50% but you don't want this to begin immediately then you need an intermediate keypoint with the opacity also set to 100% to keep the image from immediately beginning to fade. The fade would then begin at the second keypoint and happen between the second and third, etc. This goes for any animation. If you want the image to remain as it is at the start until a certain period, then simply duplicate the first keypiont and drag it on the timeline to the point where you wish the animation to begin.

Best regards,

Lin

I have a problem with Pictures to Exe 5 Beta. Version 4 works okay for me.

Anyway, here is my problem...

I select Pictures to Exe 5, select, say, 3 slides from the left hand panel and drag them to the area at the bottom of the screen. Set 'Interval for new slide' to 4 seconds and click OK. I then click on the 'Preview' button. The 3 selected slides are not displayed, but the status bar at the bottom of the screen displays

Modified | exe file 397KB | Running Preview

Whilst 'Running Preview' is displayed, the screen is still displaying the initial screen display and is locked up for the duration of the preview sequence. The length of time 'Running Preview' is displayed is always equal to the number of slides selected times the 'Interval for New Slides' in seconds. So 3 slides would be 12 seconds if the interval time is 4 seconds.

The application is behaving as if I have a secondary screen, which I don't have.

When selecting 'Objects and Animation', the selected slide is diplayed, I can select the range of zoom etc but clicking on 'Play' does nothing.

My PC is a Dell Optiplex GX150 with 512MB memory.

Has anyone encountered this problem?

Regards

Jan :(