WnSoft Forums

Problem with pte project

rakn

Hi all,

I just run into a problem with a pte project, and I wonder if there is a logical explanation to it or if it is a bug.

I stripped off everything from my project except for the part that fails, reduced image sizes, created a template and attached it here as a zip file. For copyright reasons I replaced the soundtrack with a 5 minute silent mp3 track. So this test project contains only two slides and a music track.

The problem is this : When I checkmark the "Play Background Music" on the Music Tab in Project Options, the second slide never turns up when I preview the show. The first slide will show forever. Removing the checkmark "solves" the problem, and both slides show as they should.

I use V5.00 beta 8u.

Any ideas ?

/Ragnar

test.pt.zip

Ragnar,

It could be a bug. I replaced your silence file with an mp3 file of my own, and it locked up at the first slide. Then I replaced it with two shorter files, of total length 39 sec, and it ran fine. Play around with different music files and change the durations of the slides and see if anything helps.

Igor is making some modifications to the music player for beta 9, so maybe the new version, once it is released, will solve this problem.

I noticed that you had "sync music to slides" checked which led me to change your MP3 to a single shorter one. With the MP3 included I tried both checking and unchecking "sync music" and there was no difference. It seems that the music is always synced so that slide one which had a 20 second display time appears to pick up the time from exactly half my mp3 then make the transition to slide two. I tried saving and re-opening the file and no change. It appears to be stuck in the "sync music to slides" mode. The long, silent MP3 was probably throwing you a curve because it will probably make the transition at the 2.5 minute mark.

By the way, the lady in the upper right balcony is either taking your picture or watching you though binoculars - LOL..

Best regards,

Lin

Hi all,

I just run into a problem with a pte project, and I wonder if there is a logical explanation to it or if it is a bug.

I stripped off everything from my project except for the part that fails, reduced image sizes, created a template and attached it here as a zip file. For copyright reasons I replaced the soundtrack with a 5 minute silent mp3 track. So this test project contains only two slides and a music track.

The problem is this : When I checkmark the "Play Background Music" on the Music Tab in Project Options, the second slide never turns up when I preview the show. The first slide will show forever. Removing the checkmark "solves" the problem, and both slides show as they should.

I use V5.00 beta 8u.

Any ideas ?

/Ragnar

test.pt.zip

Al and Lin,

After your comments I waited a little longer, and it works like you suggested - after half the "music" time, the show proceeds to the next slide.

My first problem in my original project (with 61 images and 3 sound files) was exactly this first (balcony) image. The transtion timing to the next slide just did not make sense. All the other slides work ok, so there must be something with this "balcony" slide. The timing for this particular slide does not follow the timeline, it is depending on the music length.

Well, I can only hope that the next pte release will work better.

By the way, the lady in the upper right balcony is either taking your picture or watching you though binoculars - LOL..

Best regards,

Lin

Yes, I noticed her too... maybe she did not like my photo, and put a spell on it :-)

Thanks for your comments.

Well, I can only hope that the next pte release will work better.

Ragnar,

Synch to music is not completely activated yet in v.5 so this could also be affecting your particular example.

By the way, I recognized your image - are you with the Wantage Camera Club, by any chance? It's identical to one included in the entries to the "Trans-Atlantic Challenge" between Wantage and Camera Club of Ottawa coordinated by Ian Bateman and myself. Interesting image! :)

Ragnar,

Synch to music is not completely activated yet in v.5 so this could also be affecting your particular example.

By the way, I recognized your image - are you with the Wantage Camera Club, by any chance? It's identical to one included in the entries to the "Trans-Atlantic Challenge" between Wantage and Camera Club of Ottawa coordinated by Ian Bateman and myself. Interesting image! :)

Al,

Yes, I suppose it has something to do with "Synch to music", although checking/unchecking this has no impact on the problem (and it shouldn't as it's not implemented yet).

And no, I have no connection with the Wantage Camera Club. Did you see an image like my "balcony" image by them ? Funny, my image has never left my home until tonight. Perhaps some Wantage member has visited Ponta Delgada on the Azores, where I took the picture in 2005. I rested the camera in my knee, while composing the picture through the tft screen, which on my camera is foldable in any direction. I thought this would be a discrete way of taking the picture, but as you saw I was being observed :-)

Watch out for ladies with binoculars !

Ragnar