WnSoft Forums

cd errors and slow startup with exe file

Hi everyone: As this is my first time posting hope I'm in right forum. I am using pte 4.8 on a dell dimension pc with xp home. I made a slideshow using the exe file and burned it to a cd. I had some problems and maybe someone could tell me what not to do next time.

Some of the errors that I would like to know about are: [1] Exception. EInvalidPointer in module Project 1.exe. [2] invalid floating object[may have to do with the autorun that I made and didn't work]. [3] access violation at address 00402753 in module "file".exe.

when I open the exe file it takes a long long time before it opens. I've read in past posts that it could be to image resizing. Any other info would be greatly appreciated. Also when exe file is open and I click on start screen[run,help,exit] it starts jumping up and down. Once opened the show runs fine. I can close it down and run it again with no problems.

Hopefully someone can help me as I think this is a good program. And last of all is the create disk in pte5 working or is it just me messing up...................thanks

bluebear,

Welcome to the Forum!

It sounds like you may have a corrupted music file, or one which is copy-protected. Tell us a little more about the music you are using, the image file types and sizes, and the other Project Options parameters you are using in your show. Did you try making a small test show, with different mp3 files, to see if you get the same results? I presume you meant version 4.48 (not 4.8).

The "Create slideshow as" function is working fine in version 5.

bluebear,

Welcome to the Forum!

It sounds like you may have a corrupted music file, or one which is copy-protected. Tell us a little more about the music you are using, the image file types and sizes, and the other Project Options parameters you are using in your show. Did you try making a small test show, with different mp3 files, to see if you get the same results? I presume you meant version 4.48 (not 4.8).

The "Create slideshow as" function is working fine in version 5.

Hi: on my music files I used one song for the whole slide show and let it repeat itself.I don't think it was copy-protected but could be wrong. On the image file types all I know is that they were jpg's in My Pictures where I got them. I had 108 pictures in slide show with different transitions. About 20 or 25 of them I used the customized button. And in effects I had those same slides set for 3000. on the non-customized one's I left slides at 1500. I used the startup window with an image and had run, exit, on it. The music wasn't synchronized. the very first slide was set to display for 14 seconds and the rest set for six seconds. The first and last slide had sound added in. Had box checked for show navigation bar and also had allow to restore pictures checked. Music was set for all slides to play same song and to repeat. Had the screen set for full screen mode and all transition effects were checked. Also used my own text preference. Since this was my first slide show I didn't resize images or use different mp3 files or do any test shows because I wasn't aware you had to do all this. I more or less got pictures from album clicked add on pte and then clicked create, not knowing there was more to making a slideshow. And yes I was using 4.48. I hope this info will help and thankyou for helping out!!!