WnSoft Forums

Re-saving a version 4.48 project in version 5

Ronniebootwest

I though that I was reasonably good at using PTE but I am stumped with this one.

When starting to burn a DVD with Video Builder and want to include a slide show made with version 4.48 I see a screen (see attachment below) that tells me to re-save in version 5. Just how do I achieve this please?

Ron

post-925-1173703352_thumb.jpg

Hi Ron,

I've seen this message too and the answer is as easy as opening your 4.48 pte file using v5 then saving it as a new pte file. For example, if the original show was called "holiday", I would open it and resave it as holiday-v5" then you have both versions available to use.

The only thing to be wary of is if your v4.48 show uses features that are not yet activated in the beta 5. So far I have not encountered any problems with any of my shows but I do always run them as v5 versions first to make sure they still run okay after conversion.

Once resaved in this way then the v5 version is the one you can burn to dvd.

Hi Ron,

I've seen this message too and the answer is as easy as opening your 4.48 pte file using v5 then saving it as a new pte file. For example, if the original show was called "holiday", I would open it and resave it as holiday-v5" then you have both versions available to use.

The only thing to be wary of is if your v4.48 show uses features that are not yet activated in the beta 5. So far I have not encountered any problems with any of my shows but I do always run them as v5 versions first to make sure they still run okay after conversion.

Once resaved in this way then the v5 version is the one you can burn to dvd.

Thanks for the swift reply!

As simple as that eh! I was thinking it would be much more complicated.

Ron