WnSoft Forums

Dvd Burning Not Working!

jtneal

Hello! I am new to this group and Pictures To Exe. So far I really like this program. When I play the show back full screen it looks better than any other program I have used. The only problem is I can not burn a Dvd. I figured out how to get the screen where the Dvd window comes up but then it tells me I need another program to burn it with and I do not have any of them. Can anyone help me out? Thanks for any answers I get.

-Jon

Jon,

Welcome to the Forum!

I presume you are using version 4.48, so you will need to use a video-rendering and burning program such as Nero or Pinnacle or Premiere Elements, etc. after you have prepared the show in PTE.

Version 5 betas have a second program called "Video Builder" which has the capability by itself to prepare and burn the video to a DVD. This might be one option for you if you don't need the version 4 features which have not yet been provided in version 5.

Thank you so much Al. I don't have any of those programs so I'm going to get the version 5 beta and try that. Thanks again!

-Jon

Jon,

Welcome to the Forum!

I presume you are using version 4.48, so you will need to use a video-rendering and burning program such as Nero or Pinnacle or Premiere Elements, etc. after you have prepared the show in PTE.

Version 5 betas have a second program called "Video Builder" which has the capability by itself to prepare and burn the video to a DVD. This might be one option for you if you don't need the version 4 features which have not yet been provided in version 5.

Hello Al, I hate to bother you again but I downloaded version 5 and opened up my project. My captions were missing though. I looked everywhere and could not find a way to add them back. Can you tell me what I did wrong? Thanks again.

-Jon

Jon,

Welcome to the Forum!

Hi Bob - Welcome to the forum.

Yes, your captions will be ok as you have made them part of the image itself.

I make all my titles and captions this way and have never actually felt the need to use the caption facility within PTE.

I'm new to PTE. Working on my first show. I was aware captions not activated yet but I add mine in CS2. So they are with the slide. These will show on the dvd wont they?

Yes, as Keith says, if you have included them via CS2 then they should certainly be there in the video version, unless they are outside the "safe" zone and you are viewing on a TV set, but as Igor says, even then they may still be visible.

Thanks Al. It is disappointing that I can not use captions in teh beta version but that gives me something to look forward to. I guess I will just make do until then because I just love how good everything looks! When is the next version going to be released, anyway?

-Jon

Yes, as Keith says, if you have included them via CS2 then they should certainly be there in the video version, unless they are outside the "safe" zone and you are viewing on a TV set, but as Igor says, even then they may still be visible.

Thanks Al. It is disappointing that I can not use captions in teh beta version but that gives me something to look forward to.

I've been looking forward to a simple way of putting comments/captions/text into slideshows since last summer. We were told features like these, long part of previous versions of P2E, were simple to add and would be as soon as the new PZR 3D engine was complete. In other words, we've been told they would be added soon for many months. It has been a disappointmet to me since I purchased the program almost a year ago and consider something like this a basic function for any slideshow program.

I truly hope WnSoft allows enough time for feedback and fixes for comments/captions/text feature before the final version is released. I think the dialog box for comments should allow precise position, when and how long it should appear, shadows and simple transitions like fade in and out, scrolling, etc. Basically, setting up how the captions will appear in a high quality way, then just entering the text into the JPG files. There's nothing new about this sort of control which other programs have and it makes adding comments so much easier. I spend as much time making and editing comments with photoshop and keypoints as I do with the pictures, something I would rather not do.

Steve Newcomb

Tucson, AZ USA

Steve,

I'm a bit puzzled by your comments on the "comments" facility in PTE, especially coming as they are at this time in the development process. It seems to me that your suggestions would have been more useful to Igor if they had been presented much earlier in the process.

I have every confidence in Igor's intended designs for this feature, especially having seen how the other objects have been implemented in v.5 to date (i.e. with full PZR features, "liquid" transparent effects, different fonts, variable shadow control, etc., etc.)

That being said, however, for advanced special effects, I personally prefer to add my comments and titles as part of the image, using other programs such as Photoshop, PhotoPaint, and 3D programs such as Xara, etc. "To each his own", I guess! :)

Steve,

Yesterday we fully completed Text, Button objects, text comments, text macros.

It will be in beta 9.

Text comment in fact usual text object that can be fine corrected in Visual editor.

See:

TextObject.png

Some other parameters of a Text object located at Common and Animation tabs.