WnSoft Forums

Demo's to myself

LumenLux

Maya Spirit is a short (4 minute) glimpse of my very brief visit to the Yucatan peninsula of Mexico in March 2007. As our

40th wedding anniversary neared I decided we should do something bigger than our more typical anniversary visit to our

local public library. Our entire experience was wonderful and varied. This short AV covers lightly only the Mayan ruins of

Tulum, on the Caribbean Sea, and Coba, inland about 30 miles in the jungle.

Coming back with so many fun photos, I have thought of how many different approaches there can be to sharing the

experience via the capabilities of Pictures To Exe software - especially now with Version 5. This short sequence is one of four different approaches I have played with for different portions of the experience. I consider the four as "demo's to myself." If you are interested in viewing the other three demo's, they can be downloaded individually as follows:

MayaFlow, MayaJardin, and

MayaWaves.

Or, all four sequences can be downloaded in the single zip file: Maya.zip

The sequences range from 45 seconds to 4 minutes. Comments are welcome on any of them.

Two of the sequences are built on the templates so kindly made and shared by our talented forum friend at his site:TheDom Sharing Place Thank you again for all you contribute to this forum.

Related to another topic in the forum, MayaWaves (above) is one simple way of using V5 motion on ocean waves. I guess comments in that regard might fit well in that topic at:Wave Action

To best of my understanding, some archaeological evidence suggests the Maya had started to build ceremonial

architecture by approximately 1000 BC and certainly by 400 BC. At one of the sites I was surprised to read that there was

still fighting among fragmented Mayan groups there as late as 1847! Today much of the local Yucatan population is

Mayan. They consider themselves Mayan first and Mexican second. Such is the "spirit of the Maya."

Hi Lumenlux,

I saw your 4 slideshows of the Maya 's serie. And my favourite is Maya Spirit. The transition effects you 've tried are soft and nice..especially the one with the flower rotating flat and fading on the landscape. It's interesting.

As for the Maya Waves, I'm amazed what you can do with PTE V5. One has the impression to be there on the beach watching sundawn (or sunset ?). Superb !

Great place also for a wedding anniversary...Thank you Lumenlux for the shows