WnSoft Forums

Burning to DVD

cagney123

I am using 8U beta, so this might just be a problem because of beta. I've read a few of the other DVD burning posts, but I didn't see my particular problem. I click Video then Create DVD disc and then Add...which puts my project in the appropriate place. It then lists my program as 296 MB and 5:44 length. It then burns 5:44 of my show and then stops...that is about half the show. I also output to AVI, but it too ends up 5:44. It burns just dandy up to 5:44...and then stops. Tried it on two computers with no change at all. Any help would be appreciated. Sorry, I didn't read every post on every subject.

Jeff

Guest Techman1

Jeff,

Are you using MP3 music files in this show? If so, you might try using different music file(s) especially in the 5:44 area. I'm just guessing, but it could be a corrupt music file.

Can you preview the show from 5:30 thru 6:30 okay? Does everything look good and sound good in the preview?

Good luck,

Fred

Hi Fred...and thanks for commenting.

You are right...I was using mp3 and I will use wav from now on. I always do in Adobe Premiere, but forgot on the slide show. Everything was just fine in the preview....but good ideas just the same.

I got a note from Igor and he let me use a preliminary beta 9 and it worked just fine. It will be a wonderful program as it works with a couple clicks...Create DVD....Burn...amazing to have software that works so good with so many combinations of equipment, resolutions, and formats. Just Amazing.

Again, thanks. I think Igor has matters in hand.

Jeff

You are right...I was using mp3 and I will use wav from now on.

Jeff,

MP3's are the ones to use as they are more compact, but it's just that sometimes downloaded files are copy protected. Wave files are generally too big for use in PTE, and can cause problems too - when playing directly from a cd, for instance. Instead of going to "wav" files, try a different mp3 file.

Hi Al....and thanks for the help...I use Adobe Premiere a lot. It recommends wav files and not mp3. I was referring to DVD burning only...and not PTE slide shows.

Also...I want to say that Igor tweaked a version of PTE exe. and it worked fantastic. No need to worry...this guy is on it.

Thanks for all the help.

By the way...with the tweaked Igor version, everything works just fine...even with mp3 files...I'm totally amazed.

Jeff

Jeff,

Glad Igor fixed your particular problem - he and Sergey did the same for me a while ago, and they are both amazing when it comes to understanding DVD issues. :)

Guest Techman1

Jeff,

I'm glad Igor got this sorted out for you. Even though it's not a major issue now, what I was trying to say, was that some MP3 files get corrupted and have caused similar problems. Al's correct in that MP3 are more efficient to use over WAV files in PTE. I use Adobe Premiere also and sometimes bring in PTE Slideshows into Adobe.

Anyway, I'm glad you are working now.

Take care,

Fred

Thanks a bunch Fred. Glad to know there are so many helpful and knowledgeable people on this forum. I looked at my post to you and realized I wasn't making myself very clear with the wav and mp3 comments. I will make sure I reread my remarks a little more carefully before posting in the future.

I make my own mp3 files from wav mixes. I use the mp3 in the slideshows and wav's for the video. I know I was very vague with my earlier posts.

Interesting that Igor got to the bottom of the situation so quickly. Well...again...thanks for the help. I will need it again before too long.

Jeff